1.05.2010

Unplanned Hiatus

Well hello there.  Its been awhile.  Time flies when you are having fun, right?  Unfortunately, the photos I want to share are sitting on my NEW (and very exciting) camera that I cant attach to my computer because it was recently attacked by a virus.  Once I get that annoying thing off my computer, I will be back to show you the delicious eats.  (so yes, I am writing this post during a break at work ;))


In the meantime, I wanted to give an update on P90x.  The last update I gave was on Day 8.  That was a long time ago.  I can honestly say that I stayed strong until around Day 20.  Kevin got sick in the middle of week 3 and had to take time off.  I tried to stay motivated, but it is so much easier to have someone else suffering along next to me.  


The engagement  happened.  Kevin left for a few days to spend time with his family in Ohio.  And well, we got off track.  Not completely, meaning we probably still completed 3-4 workouts a week.  


But, I am happy to report that the new year has brought a new commitment to doing this thing the right way.  We started with the Week 5 workouts:

  1. Chest, Shoulders & Triceps/Ab RipperX.  Not sure if I will ever be able to do one-handed pushups, but I tried and will continue to try.  Who cares if I only go down 1 millimeter.  I loved how sore I felt after this one.
  2. Plyometrics.  Extremely sore from the workout above, but made it through.  Used a lot of the modified (easier) moves.
  3. Back & Bicep/Ab RipperX.  Felt pretty easy, but it was probably because I need to use more weight.  Now that I am more familiar with the moves, I will increase my weight going forward.

YogaX is next up, so here's to me not wimping out halfway through!


Switching gears...this post needs some pictures and luckily I have some from my old camera.  Oscar and Lucy time.  


Oscar enjoying the snow.  He might love snow more than treats.

Lucy will have no part of the snow and instead spends her time near warm lamps.



Happy New Year everyone!

10 comments:

Erica January 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

Hey girly! The holidays are always tough- especially when you throw your EXCITING engagement on top. Glad to hear ya'll are still at it. I love Plyometric workouts. Cute pic of Oscar in the snow! LOVE it!! Hope you have a good week girly

Anonymous January 5, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

The thought of posting something without any pictures at all really makes me nervous. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Cute pets. :-)

Lindsay January 5, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

Those P90x plans are very intriguing to me...perhaps some day I'll give it a whirl.

lizzy January 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

ahhh your fur babies are soooo darn cute! lovin' your attitude and motivation, you will rock it! goodluck, have a great week!!

Anonymous January 5, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

Good luck getting your computer fixed, and glad you could check in! Sounds like your new year is off to a great start :)

Charm City Kim January 6, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Congrats on the new camera! :-)

And I'm with you on the one-handed pushups. I try my hardest to do them and am TOTALLY okay that I'm on my knees and only going down about 5 inches.

Anonymous January 6, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Just wanted to pop in, delurk myself, and say congrats on the engagement!

Casey @SpicyandSweet January 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

Awww what cutie pies!! :)

Lori January 8, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

Oscar looks unsure about the snow. Ha, ha! Hope your new year is off to a good start!

I Run for Fun January 11, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement!!! Sorry I've been out of touch too...but I am so happy for you both. Loved reading the engagement story. Oscar is such a cutie.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP