12.06.2009

When the Weather Outside is...

...cold/windy/snowy/rainy, I stay inside and bake.  But first, Oscar needs a walk.  Canton is starting to look more festive.


Oscar loves the cold weather.  Oops, I cut Kevin's head off.  Sorry Kevin.


I was between a pumpkin/cranberry combo or a pumpkin/chocolate chip combo.

What do you think won out?

In my world, chocolate chips beat cranberries any day.  I used this recipe (sub whole wheat pastry flour) and filled 1 loaf pan, 1 full size muffin pan, and 2 mini muffin pans.   So, I dirtied just about every pan I own.  

P90 Update

Last post I mentioned that Kevin and I had started P90x together.  I also said that we were committed this time.  Well, it is Day 8 and I am proud to stay we are still going strong!

Some of my thoughts so far:
  • The lifting workouts are tough, but I dont mind them.  They are exactly what I need since I have a hard time lifting on my own.
  • Yoga was the hardest workout for me and I have never felt more awkward in my life.  We only lasted 30 mins.
  • I have a hard time concentrating during yoga since I find myself laughing at the faces Kevin makes the entire time.
  • KenpoX was scheduled for Friday evening. We got dressed, went downstairs, turned on the TV and started the warmup.  About 1 minute later, we looked at each other, turned off the TV, and went out to dinner. Friday workouts have to happen in the morning before work.
  • We have to plan our runs more strategically around the workouts.  I only got one run in during the 1st week.
  • I don't like when Tony calls us "boys and girls" or when he talks about all the different kinds of soup.  (Okra soup is not that funny)
Well, I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.  My mom sent me the recipe for the Angel Biscuits, so I will be sure to post it soon.  Along with 2 other restaurant reviews:  Blue Moon Cafe and The Rumor Mill.  

Good night!

11 comments:

The Purple Carrot December 6, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Mmm, your baking creation looks fabulous! Can I try one, please?? ;)

Anonymous December 7, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

congrats on the p90x! and im so jealous you went to blue moooon! i've been dying to go there, can' wait for the review!

Kara December 7, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

I can't wait to hear what you ate at Blue Moon! It's amazing! My #1 go-to spot when we have company :)

Erica December 7, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

Love mini muffins- so good! i just made a bundle yesterday. It is hard to have a heavy cross training schedule mixed with runnin! I struggle fitting in my runs with the classes I'm teaching right now! So I totally feel for ya!

Katy December 7, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

When my husband and I did P90X, we turned Tony's voice off, so we only heard the cues. He started to drive me CRAZY!

Good luck, and stick with it!

Charm City Kim December 7, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Just wait until you start the next cycle of DVDs. Tony's jokes just get better and better.

And sadly - I can recite them all!

I Run for Fun December 7, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Mmm...fresh muffins...they look so good!

Great job on the p90x! You rock!

Grace December 7, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

90

Erin December 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

Lovely muffins! And good job on the p90x!

Anonymous December 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

Congrats on keeping up with P90! I think you may have inspired me to start it up when I'm home for winter break.. only this time mute Tony!

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) December 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

Great job with all the workouts!


P.S. I have a giveaway on my blog for a Plan a Meal bundle, if you or any of your readers are interested! Thanks!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP