1.31.2010

Flop

The last couple weeks have pretty much been a P90x flop.  I have done the workouts here and there, but not consistently and I have all the excuses in the world.  I was sick for a few days with a cold, worked late 2 days last week, went for a run and didnt feel like it afterwards, etc, etc, etc.  

I am trying to come up with a way to incorporate it into my exercise, without losing my running endurance.  It is really hard for me to get up early in the morning and get it out of the way.  I dont feel that I am cut out for early morning workouts.  I like entirely too much TV that is on later.  And I dont have a DVR.  So, there you have it.  

This morning, I made breakfast tacos.  Egg whites, grilled corn tortillas, tomatoes, green onion, and avocado.  No cheese because we were all out, but surprisingly, I didn't miss it.
I eventually mustered up enough motivation to hit the gym and wanted to do something different.  I ended up doing a 40 min treadmill hike.  I set the treadmill to the "Hills" setting and cranked up the speed to a fast walk.  It was pretty tough.
I came home and picked up a favorite cookbook of mine that was starting to collect dust.  Sometimes I get caught up searching the internet for recipes and dont use my cookbooks enough.
I decided to go with Giada's classic marinara sauce.  It was simple and straightforward and didn't have a million ingredients.  The house smells great right now.  Tomorrow night, I plan to use it as I try re-create one of my favorite dishes from the Tomato Palace in Columbia, MD.  
I picked up a new stuffed animal for Oscar and he had a blast playing tonight.   He loves stuffed animals, especially the squeaky kind.  He is a very manly and tough dog. ;)
Lucy was trying to figure out what that thing was and whether she should be scared of it.


I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.  Be back tomorrow with more Giada.

3 comments:

Erica February 1, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

Its very difficult to try to keep up running endurance while attacking another program! I got to the point where teaching and trying to do a good chunk of regular runs was just TOO much. Do whats right for your Body and Mind! That breakfast dish looks fantastic. I have that Giada cookbook- it rocks! Simple but delicious

Anonymous February 1, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

I definitely notice that it takes patience when incorporating new strength routines into my usual workout routine. It's not that you have to give up any cardio, but you have to figure out what feels the best for you. But in the end doing a bit of both is what has been the best for me, so I just aim to achieve a good balance.

Love Giada dishes!

And that is definitely what Lucy was thinking! haha!

I Run for Fun February 1, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

LOL at Oscar...manly indeed!

Thanks for posting about breakfast tacos. I am always at a loss for new meals...should try these.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP