1.19.2010

Real Simple Recipe, Possible Wedding Venue & a Race

Having Monday off for MLK's birthday allowed me to sleep in, walk Oscar twice, run 6 miles, go out to lunch with a friend, grocery shop, and plan a nice dinner.  Great day.  


I was searching around the Real Simple website and found a recipe for Chicken Cacciatore that looked easy and I already had most of the ingredients on hand.  


We served it over leftover Basmati rice and topped with grated Parmesan. The only change I made was to add yellow peppers to the sauce.  

This recipe is definitely a keeper.


Wedding planning has officially begun and we have made two visits to the same venue.  And currently dont have plans to visit any other places.  I guess you could say we really like it.  :)  

More info to come as we make some of the decisions!  Exciting stuff.


On the running front, I signed up for the George Washington Birthday Marathon 3-person Relay with my Dad and Kevin on Sunday, February 14th. (Valentines Day!)  I am so happy to have a race coming up so that I feel the pressure to train.  I took the middle, 7.3 mile leg, so as long as I keep up the 6 mile runs, I should be fine.  


Enjoy the rest of your Monday evening.

15 comments:

Unknown January 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

ohh, ohh, ohh. Looks so pretty!

Kara January 19, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

St. Michaels is gorgeous! It looks like it would be an amazing venue!!

Anonymous January 19, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

Have you ever done a relay before? They are a blast!

Anonymous January 19, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

That would be an amazing place for a wedding. There are few places in the world that I love more than St. Michaels. In fact, I still hope to get married at the Hooper Strait Lighthouse...now, just to find a fiance. :)

Anonymous January 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

That chicken is almost as pretty as that potential venue!

:) Diana
The Chic Life

Erica January 20, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

So glad you enjoyed your day off. I didn't get Monday off but am hoping to take Friday off. The venue looks incredible! Cannot wait to hear more about it. Love the idea of the Valentine's day team race!

Anonymous January 20, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

Good luck with all the wedding planning, it is such an exciting time.

Anonymous January 20, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Sounds like you had a productive day off. I was grateful for it as well; I got so much done!

Charm City Kim January 20, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

your wedding venue potential looks gorgeous!

Lori January 21, 2010 at 6:58 AM  

That venue is gorgeous! Your photos would turn out so beautiful there with the landscape.

Karena January 21, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

AWW! St. Michaels is so pretty!!

Erin January 21, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

I looked there! LOVE. Keep us posted on deets!

chrystad72 January 21, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

awesome looking eats. Gorgeous venue pic too!! Looks like a fabulous place for a wedding!

Anonymous January 21, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Yumm! I love the wedding venue too!
:)

Hollafoodzone January 31, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Real Simple recipes are great! You can always find something good there!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP