3.22.2010

Spring Day at the Beach

This past weekend, we headed down to the beach for a weekend away.  Dont get me wrong, I love the city, but there is something incredibly relaxing about being near water.  

We got down around 9pm Friday night and met my parents at BJs on the Water to listen to a local band, Mood Swingers w/ Lauren Glick, and have a couple drinks.  Lauren Glick had an incredible voice.

Saturday morning, we woke up and got ready for a run.  Kevin and I ran an out and back for a total of a 5.4 miles.  My legs were tired from the legs & back P90x workout Friday, so that was plenty for me.

We hit the grocery store and then put together a hearty breakfast.


Breakfast tacos!  Corn tortillas, eggs, sautéed peppers, onions & spinach, cheddar cheese & hot sauce. Turkey bacon on the side.


After the first nap of the day, we ventured out for some shopping and eventually stopped for a late lunch.
We sat outside on the picnic tables and soaked up the sun.  It felt great.  Kevin and I started with an order of Conch Fritters.
I am not really sure if I tasted conch or not?  I guess it could be because I don't know what conch should taste like.  But fried dough, savory or sweet, always tastes good to me.  ;)
I ordered the blackened tuna wrap and really enjoyed it.  A soft, fresh tortilla wrap was filled with blackened tuna, cool veggies, and a spicy blue cheese sauce on the side.  
After we rested and napped for the second time of the day, we decided to take a walk up to the beach.  Oscar had a blast rolling around in the cold sand.
The wind had picked up and my feet were freezing, so we didn't stay out very long.  
We headed back to the bayside to watch the sunset.  
Great day.

14 comments:

Erica March 22, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

Such a fun trip, love that Oscar went too!!!

Kara March 22, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

Not a fan of BJ's, but I LOVE Belly Busters! Ollie had fun on the beach when we took him last week, too!

Glad you had a good trip :)

Unknown March 22, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

You guys picked a great weekend for your first spring trip to the beach!

Charm City Kim March 23, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

what a great weekend for a beach trip!

And great picture of Oscar and your fiance!

Anonymous March 23, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

The pictures are so nice. There really is something about the beach in the late winter/spring. Glad you had a nice weekend.

Anonymous March 23, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

love that you had such a great trip! BUT i did miss you at fitbloggin :)

lauren March 24, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

kara\it was my first time going to BJs. Didnt try the food, but good to know!

dailygoods\yes, very sorry to miss that, especially because it was right in Baltimore!

Allison M. March 24, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Fried anything is good in my book!

lizzy March 24, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

hey girlie!! gorgeous day at the beach!! i am LOVIN the pics and restaurant review! your puppy is beyond adorable! I hope you are having a great week! xoxo!

I Run for Fun March 24, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

Sounds like a fun weekend...such lovely pics!

Be Fit Be Full March 25, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

So jealous you were at the beach! I love being near the water. Belly's Buster's is such a cute name for a restaurant!

Christine March 30, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

Hey Lauren! It's Christine, from the tasting last night. It was really great meeting you and Kevin, and I have had so much fun reading through your blog this morning! You may have inspired me to start blogging myself. :) Can't wait to read your post about the tasting!

I Run for Fun March 30, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

Lauren, wow! 62 miles! What bike do you own?

lauren March 30, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Christine\great meeting you as well! You should definitely start your own blog! It has been a great way for me to stay accountable with workouts and eating. Plus, it is great to look back through older posts and keep track of recipes, etc.

I run for Fun\I left a comment on your blog about my bike.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP