3.09.2010

In Need of Cardio


After two indulgent dinners Friday and Saturday night, I was in desperate need of some cardio.  Saturday, Kevin and I completed Core Synergistics, which is a great workout, but I really just needed a longer run.  

Sunday morning was a great weather day for running.  Completed a 10k (6.2 miles) loop in Patapsco State Park.  I don't enjoy wearing a watch because I become obsessed with it, so it was about an hour of running.  There is a great paved path right along the river in the Orange Grove area and you even get to cross two swinging bridges.
The other day, I updated my Race Schedule page with the list of 2010 races I plan to run/bike.  I don't have many running races planned this spring, and it feels pretty relaxing to not have to run a certain amount each week.  

I want to see this P90x program all the way through since last night we took our "day 30" pictures and I actually noticed some differences between them and the pictures from 30 days ago.  If I get really ripped, maybe I will even get the courage to post them here.

On May 8th, I am planning to bike the 100k (62 mile) course of the Tour de Cure bike ride.  I need to dust off my road bike and start training for that.  Spin class is there, I just need to attend more regularly.
Last night, I finally experimented with the Quinoa that I bought a few weeks ago.  I threw together some random items and ended up with a pretty tasty vegetarian feast.
This was my first time tasting Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Bisque and I loved the sweetness of this soup.
It went nicely with the spicy Veggie Masala Burger.
Once the quinoa was done, I seasoned it with Coriander, Turmeric, Cumin, and Red Pepper.  Basically my own version of curry powder.
All together and topped with a spoonful of 0% Plain Greek Yogurt.  I treated the soup like a sauce and mixed everything together before eating.  I was surprised how the quinoa soaked up all of the soup.  I was also surprised how much Kevin and I enjoyed this meal.  I will definitely be making this again.
We also munched on edamame for the "green factor".  Although I never can get it to taste like it does at a restaurant.  Anyone know how they do that?

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday.  

6 comments:

Erica March 9, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

hey hey! Nice job on the run! I am funny about my watch on runs- I look down at it but never for the time (I would get obsessed too!!)-I monitor my heart rate instead. You should totally post your P90 pics!! Did I tell you my husband is doing it now too? Great meal! Love that its veg. TJs products are just awesome. I so so want one!

lauren March 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

erica/I need to get a heart rate monitor! How is your husband liking P90x?

Anonymous March 9, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Great run! Cardio always makes me feel better after some indulgence.

Lori March 9, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

I know what you mean about needing cardio after a weekend of feasting. I love tossing in different random seasonings into quinoa. Your combo sounds great.

Charm City Kim March 11, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

I feel like that with p90x (not enough cardio) so I usually end up doing 30 minutes of cardio every day!

I have yet to run outside though (still scared).

Nicole Carrillo March 13, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

Yummmyy Quinoa caught my eye! I love Bob's Red Mill brand. & congrats on the 10K!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP