2.01.2010

Turkey Meatballs over Baked Polenta

Last night I made Giada's Marinara Sauce and tonight my goal was to make her Turkey Meatballs.
I picked up the biggest bag of parsley yesterday.
I started out placing everything in the mixing bowl in hopes I could achieve one of those cool cookbook pictures where all the ingredients are separated.  Then I added the egg.  Oops.
I added the ground turkey and mixed for a short time before forming (what felt like a million) mini meatballs and placing on parchment paper.
Pre-made polenta from Trader Joes was sliced and seasoned with EVOO, salt & pepper before baking in the oven for about 20 mins at 375 degrees.  Flipped once.
After cooking the meatballs, it was time to re-heat the marinara.  Giada's marinara is so thick and hearty - I love it.
I have a very good helper in the kitchen each night that I cook.
Not sure if anyone else has one of those annoying spaces between the oven and the counter top, but I swear it sucks things down there.
Luckily, my helper likes to keep things clean.  
I really don't understand how he squeezes his body in this space.
But I appreciate his help.  
Giada's turkey meatballs and marinara over Trader Joes polenta came out fantastic.
Topped with a little grated Romano and fresh basil.
I think I achieved a slightly healthier version of my Tomato Palace favorite starter - Meatballs and Polenta.


Enjoy the rest of your night!

12 comments:

Erica February 2, 2010 at 6:54 AM  

What a great looking dish! I love the addition of the polenta- yum! We're having polenta pizza tomorrow night and I can't wait. Aren't dogs the best helpers ;) Oscar is so cute

Kara February 2, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

Whoa! I totally had already planned on making a similar dish this week!! I'm glad that I can compare to what you did, since I've never worked with polenta before.

Tyler February 2, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

gorgeous! i love giada recipes :)

Rose February 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

This looks great. Wow!

Anonymous February 2, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

Your dog is so adorable! And the polenta looks amazing. I've never tried it before, I've always been pretty intimidated by it, but it looks yum!

Anonymous February 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

Oh my! That looks delicious. I never would have thought about meatballs and polenta. My husband likes meatball subs, but it would be super easy to throw some polenta in the oven for me instead.

Lori February 2, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

This looks great. Polenta is such a nice change from pasta. I love your kitchen helper. Mine was just in our kitchen doing some final floor clean up. Ha, ha!

Anonymous February 5, 2010 at 5:53 AM  

mm polenta - one of my favs!
your dist looks delicious!


-Vera xox
http://balancingfoodandlife.wordpress.com/

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore February 28, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

Lauren - What Giada cookbook is this recipe in?

lauren February 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

Nakiya/ sorry...i shld have mentioned that! Everyday Italian. Page 68

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore February 28, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Yay! I have that one! Awesome, I think I'm going to make that this week. Thanks :)

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore March 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

I made the meatballs last night! My husband LOVED it! Next time I want to make it over baked polenta, like you did. It took longer than I thought to make the meatballs, so we ended up just eating them.....and that's it hahahahaha :)

Thanks for reminding me to look through Giada's cooking book again. I really love it!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP