2.22.2010

Seared Scallops w/ Spinach & Butternut Squash Puree

Sunday night, I attempted to make butternut squash SOUP that the Vitamix turned into more of a PUREE.  I added a sprinkle of cinnamon and cayenne pepper that really "kicked it up a notch". 


Tonight, I tried to get fancy with my puree.
Sauteed Spinach, Butternut Squash Puree, and Seared Sea Scallops.
This was an absolutely delicious dinner.  

I feel like I finally perfected the "sear" on the scallops.  The key for me was to pat the scallops very dry and once I added the seasoned scallops to the pan, I turned the heat up to medium-high and didnt touch them for a few minutes.  Flip once and cook for another couple minutes at the medium-high heat.
Voila.

Enjoy the rest of your night.

10 comments:

Anonymous February 22, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

Looks awesome. I LOVE scallops. They are my second favorite seafood after Salmon ;)

Erica February 22, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

you always make such classy looking dinners!

Anonymous February 22, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

Mmmm scallops. Delish.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore February 22, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

That looks yummy!!!!

Anonymous February 23, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

Looks fabulous! Scallops are one of my favorite dishes but I've been too nervous to prepare them at home. This definitely makes me want to give it a shot!

Anonymous February 24, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

I love scallops, but I've been too scared to eat them since I had a food-poisoning run in with them :(

lauren February 24, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

sideofsneakers/I totally understand. I had the same thing happen with salmon. I am finally after years and years able to try it again.

Unknown February 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Those scallops look gorgeous! I never make them at home, but always order them when I go out to eat if they are on the menu.

lauren February 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

angela/ ME TOO! if they are anywhere on the menu - you can be sure that I am ordering them.

Allison M. February 26, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

I love this! We made our own seared scallops last weekend. Why haven't we made these more often!

glad you are still using the Vitamix!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP