2.05.2010

Spin, Snow, Soup and Sandwiches

Tuesday night, I took an hour spin class at the gym.  The entire class was full and as a late arriver, I got the older model "reject" bike in the back corner.  Little did I know that I was also seated behind the class spirit queen.  The instructor was great, she had the best music, my old bike worked fine, and it was an awesome workout.  But, the girl in front of me felt the need to scream "Wahooooo" or "Yeaahhhh" each time a new song started.  I mean...seriously?  I just don't get it.

It was a snowy night and neither Kevin or I felt like cooking.  Soup and sandwiches to the rescue.
Lately, I have been obsessed with V8 soups.  So good.
I love the texture of this soup.  Much heartier than other tomato soups I have tried.
Grilled Turkey and Provolone on Rye for dunking.
Rye bread is my new obsession.  
Warm, filling and deliciously easy dinner.  


Fellow East Coasters: Stay warm during the "big snow" that is coming.  I plan to make french onion soup, drink my new favorite beer (Flying Dog In-Heat Wheat), shower my dog and cat with attention, watch too much TV, and hopefully do some sledding in the park. :)

7 comments:

Erica February 5, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Glad you got a great workout in ;) I seriously love V8 soups- I think they rock! The corn is my fav but I love the broc and tomato too! I have a few more I need to try. Hope you guys don't get hit too too hard. Enjoy the weekend- your plans sound fantastic

Anonymous February 5, 2010 at 3:14 PM  

That is a riot - I can't stand the over-the-top ones in spin. It's like they need to put on a show to prove they are working hard. There's one in my class that, no lie, sounds like she's um, having an orgasm at the end of each track. UBER distracting to say the least. One little yelp here or there is fine, but the entire class? Notsomuch. ;)

Anonymous February 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

There is a guy in my spin class that wears a FULL bike suit to class. And he gets all reved up and starts yelling out when we go into third. He says things like "virtual hills!" outloud and stuff. Like dude...this is spin!

Kara February 5, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

Mmm that's some awesome comfort food for this nasty weather.

Btw, I made some marinara sauce earlier and I'm going to cook with polenta for the first time tonight! I really hope it's as good as yours looked!

Anonymous February 5, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

Mmmm tomato soup + grilled cheese is the best combo ever!!

I Run for Fun February 5, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

Even your soup and sandwiches look so good.

Sounds like the perfect weekend. Stay warm!

Anonymous February 6, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

There is a lady at my gym who does that SAME thing! By the end of spin class it's gotten really old. I mean, I love spin too, but I don't feel the need to scream at the top of my lung in the middle of class, haha ;)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP