8.04.2009

Quick & Easy Fruit Salsa

This recipe was inspired by one I found on Allrecipes.com a few years back. Since then, I have been making variations based on what fruit I had on hand.


Into this batch went:


Kiwi, Mango, Apple, Strawberries, Green Grapes -all chopped as small as you can manage. A brunoise (BROON-wah) dice, if you want to be fancy.

I scooped in a spoonful of grandmom's fig jam (any jam or jelly will do!) and mixed it all together. Scooped up with Cinnamon/Sugar Pita chips.

Stacy's is my personal preference, although I wish they put more chips in these small bags that each cost $3. Its basically like 50 cents per chip the way they pack these bags.

I guarantee this fruit salsa will be a hit at any party or gathering. If not - you let me know.


It has be super busy around the athlEAT household and work is hectic - hence my sporadic posts. I truly hope to get back on a regular blogging schedule in the near future.


Off to bed!

20 comments:

Erica August 4, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

mmmm fruit and pita chips? I'm so in. Looks delightful! Get some rest girl- I miss your posts!

RunningLaur August 4, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Wow, looks great - you've given me a fresh fruit craving!

Anonymous August 4, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Fruit Salsa is one of my favorites. YUM!!!!

Caroline August 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

Love this idea--sweet nachos!

Anne August 4, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

I LOVE fruit salsa! This looks fabulous--thanks for the recipe. I saved it :)

Alison Can Read August 4, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

Yum! Fruit salsa and cinnamon chips! A great snack.

Anonymous August 5, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

Now I am craving fruit and pita chips!! Morgan would love this, thanks for sharing.

Amelia August 5, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

Yum! That'd be a great "different" dish to bring to a cookout.

Lindsay August 5, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

That fruit salsa looks great! I love Stacys pita chips but I agree they don't fill the bags very full.

christina- MINDFUL LIVING August 5, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

wow that is such a cool idea!!! yesterday at the food store i say that garden of eatin' has new pita chips (or at least this was the first time i have seen them!) they looked gooooddd http://www.gardenofeatin.com/products/category/197.php

Unknown August 5, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

yup, that would certainly be a hit in my kitchen :)

Julie August 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

stacys cinnamon are the best :) with fruit! omfg!

Corey August 6, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

omg that looks amazing. i want!

Courtney August 6, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

The bags of Stacey's are on sell at my local Harris Teeter and I am already on my 2nd bag of the cinnamon sugar this week! Great idea to dip them into fruit salad. I have been spreading homemade perserves on them. YUM!!

Lori August 6, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

I just scored three pineapples at the farmer's market last night and fruit salsa popped into my head today! I'll have to try a variation of this. I like the idea of the jam for creating a sauce. Yum!

Lainie August 7, 2009 at 3:44 AM  

Fruit salsa and pita chips? Yes, please! I LOVE those pita chips...I think they're addicting!

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) August 8, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Mmmm, that fruit salsa looks good!

Anonymous August 8, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Oh. My. Gosh. That fruit salsa looks INCREDIBLE. What an awesome idea!

healthyhappyhippiechick August 10, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

yum this looks so good! i'll definitely have to give it a try

Anonymous August 12, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Yes I am running the B-more half- been signed up for a while now so I am safe! If you are running it we should meet up!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP