4.27.2010

My Big Break?

I wanted to write and let everyone know why it has been awhile since I last posted.  

I have been busy fielding calls from reporters.  ;) My mom and I are in the May 2010 issue of the Baltimore Magazine!

A couple months ago, I won tickets via twitter for a bridal show, so we decided to check it out.  We were in the food line when a photographer asked us to get together with some strangers for a picture.  At least I didn't have a big plate of food in my hand, although that would probably be more appropriate.
  
Fruity Food


I finally decided to try out the Banana Soft Serve that I have been reading about for so long.  It promised to "change my life" and taste like ice cream, so I had to try it for myself!  I did change it up slightly and added in frozen strawberries.  
Looks like ice cream, huh?  I was shocked too!


The ingredient list is short:  frozen bananas and frozen strawberries.  Both were fresh before I sliced and froze overnight.  Mixed together in the Food Processor for a few minutes.  


The verdict?  Pretty amazing how much this tastes like real ice cream.  I love it!  We are now going through more bananas than ever before.


The warm weather has me on a fruit kick lately, so the other day I made fruit salsa.
Although slightly labor intensive, this is my favorite way to use up excess fruit.
Mixed together with whatever jam you have on hand.  I used Grandmom's Peach Jam.
Use cinnamon sugar pita chips for dipping.  Or just eat with a spoon.



Massage

A few weeks ago I won a free 30 minute extremity massage from Claire Taylor Massage and cashed it in almost immediately after winning.  

I arrived and quickly became relaxed by the soothing atmosphere and cool music.  I thought this 30 minute massage hit all the important places.  Shoulders, arms, feet, hands, neck, and head.  I definitely plan to going back and highly recommend it to anyone in the Baltimore area.  Thanks for a great giveaway Claire.  The ones that I win are the best!

8 comments:

Erica April 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

haha! Adorable picture :) Its always fun to be in the paper or a magazine. Fruit salsa looks fabulous. So excited for summer/spring fruits. How is the P90? Are ya'll done?

lauren April 27, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

Erica\We are finishing up P90 next week - currently in Week 12! I have already started writing my review. Isn't your husband doing it too? Curious what he thinks...

Erica April 27, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

Hey! Congrats! That is so exciting. He was...hes been a little over burdened with work and work travel, so I think he may have to restart the program. But he does really like it

Anonymous April 27, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Congrats on being in a magazine! That is awesome!

Anonymous April 27, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

I love fruit salsa!!!!

Anonymous April 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

shoot girl! YOU ARE FAMOUS!! :) love it!!

Charm City Kim April 29, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

I STILL need to make an appointment with Claire! I know I'll need it soon. Work has been crazy!

Cute pic of you and your mom!

madeleine May 6, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

I just came across your blog and I love it! I am really interested in healthy food for athletes-- the frozen banana/strawberry combo is a must try. I'm going to be making this over the weekend and will definitely blog about it! Thank you so much and keep up the great posts.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP