12.02.2009

Turkey to P90


Happy Belated Thanksgiving everyone!  I am sure everyone is "thanksgiving recapped out" by this point, so I will just share a few, low quality photos you have come to expect here at athlEAT. ;) 


I have major camera envy of all of you out there that have a fancy SLR.  Especially since these photos were taken with my iPhone.  Forgetting my camera seems to be happening more frequently, so I will have to nip this in the bud immediately.  

Fresh Green Beans w/ Lemon, Garlic, and Toasted Pine Nuts.

Mom's Famous Angel Biscuits, fresh out of the oven.

Uncle Gene's Crab Stuffing.  Like a crab cake, but with more bread than crab.  Only in Maryland.  It was great.

The most addicting Mac & Cheese ever.  Havarti, Brown Sugar & Red Onions are just a few of the awesome ingredients.

Ready to eat.

My plate.  I pretty much ate everything.  Yes, that is sauerkraut on my turkey.  Deelish.  

Ok, so have I mentioned that I love pie?  LOVE pie.  I just had to have a sliver of each.  Pecan, Pumpkin & Sweet Potato.


After all of this post-marathon eating, I decided to start a new training challenge.  P90x.  I have tried to start this before and was not committed.  This time is different.

Kevin and I set up our own P90 workout area in the basement.  It isnt fancy, but we sealed off the exposed brick and then put down padded/gym flooring.  I love it down there now.


We are currently on Day 4 and I am still sore from Day 1.  I love feeling sore because it tells me this stuff is working.  Yoga tonight was extremely hard.  I have never felt more awkward in my life and only lasted 30 mins.  Here's to keeping this up for 86 more days!  

14 comments:

Erica December 3, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

Hey girly! Those Angel biscuits look incredible. Love that you setup your workout area- I've heard great things about P90. Whats up with these annoying anonymous SPAM comments? I have been getting some too

Anonymous December 3, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

i can't wait to hear about what you think of p90x! i've heard such amazing things!

Matt December 3, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

I have heard a lot of good things about P90X. Let us know what you think!

Charm City Kim December 3, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

I have some serious gym envy right now! Our basement has such a low ceiling that we can only do a portion of the workouts down there (so basically all of them except plyometrics... which is done in our bedroom).

I skipped yoga this morning because I didn't have 90 minutes to spare and did X Stretch instead. Although I prob should do yoga...

Rose December 3, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Good luck with the P90! I look forward to seeing how it works out for you guys.

Anonymous December 3, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

I love being sore! You feel so accomplished! I've tried p90x before, my brothers really into it. Its really good! Especially if you mute the guy out : )

Lele December 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Wow, you have some serious cooks in your family! The angel biscuits look AMAZING.

I Run for Fun December 3, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Mmm...everything looks so delicious! I'm never too tired of hearing about thanksgiving spreads!

That gym space looks inviting. Let us know how the workouts are.

Unknown December 3, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

I have P90x and haven't committed to it for the full 90 days since when I got it, it was summer and super humid. Once my knee gets better I hope to start it and do it for real. Isn't Tony Horton funny?

chrystad72 December 3, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

everything looks great. Love it. What a cool set up you have going on too. Nice!

lauren December 4, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

angela/ yes, tony horton is funny and slightly annoying. I plan on muting him once I get these routines down! :)

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) December 5, 2009 at 1:48 AM  

Haha, I still have to do my Thanksgiving recap! Glad you had a good one! The food looks delicious!

Anonymous December 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

crab stuffing???? seriously?! that sounds amazing! but, yes - sounds like something from MD =)

gluck with PX90 - I have heard such great things about it

Sandy Sommer, RKC December 6, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

That's a great looking home gym. Nice work:)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP