12.09.2009

Blue Moon Cafe - Baltimore, MD

Sunday morning, we had planned to run the Columbia Metric Marathon.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), it was cancelled due to icy roads and trails.  The power in the house had also gone out.  This meant we were up well before 7am, hungry, and didn't want to open the fridge.  

I have been wanting to try the Blue Moon Cafe in Fells Point for all 7 years I have been living in the city.  Every time I would drive by and see people waiting out on the street, I couldn't believe I had never been there.  I was ecstatic to see that we were the first ones there!  No line, the scent of fresh cinnamon rolls, and our choice of any table we wanted.

We chose this cute table by the fireplace and ordered coffee immediately.

I tend to be biased towards my local coffee shop/roaster (High Grounds), which I love, but this coffee was good.  We learned it was a special blend roasted especially for Blue Moon Cafe by Bluebird Coffee Roasters.

We had to try the Captain Crunch French Toast, which is what they are known for.  The waitress suggested ordering a short stack for us to share, which is exactly what we did.  It was incredible.  I loved the sweet crunchiness on the outside. 

I ordered the Vegetarian Potato Pancakes topped with sautéed vegetables and cheddar cheese for my meal, along with 1 scrambled egg on the side.    This was a huge portion and I took home enough for dinner later.  I have no idea what was in the potato pancakes, but they had great flavor and consistency.


As we were paying our check, the waitress brought over one of their fresh cinnamon rolls for us to take home...on the house.  yessss.  She wrote a few travel/review websites on the to-go box and said she hoped we would write about our experience.


Overall, we had a great experience at the Blue Moon Cafe and look forward to going back and trying more things on the menu.  They do not take reservations, so my suggestion is to get there early or be ready to wait.  But hey, good things come to those who wait, right?.  


Blue Moon Café on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Erica December 10, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

What a great place! Everything looks fantastic. Especially your potato pancakes (drool)! What a sweet weekend treat. PS- LOVE urban spoon

Matt December 10, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Oh man I could totally go for some of that french toast right now... It sure beats the hell out of the oatmeal I am about to make!

Anonymous December 10, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

I LOVE blue moon! I grew up in B'more, and my parents still live there. Every time I go home I make my parents go there at least once...Especially during the holidays when I can coordinate it with a drive down 34th St to see the Hampden Lights! :)

Aw, this makes me miss home!

Charm City Kim December 10, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

I've been living in the city for over 5 years and only got a chance to eat there once this Spring! It is always SO packed and like you - I was up early for a run so I was able to get in.

I LOVE that coffee. I'm a big fan.

Sadly - I don't remember what I got but I know I liked it!

Anonymous December 12, 2009 at 12:27 AM  

That French toast looks incredible!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP