8.22.2009

Triple H

Last night (Friday), I went to pick up new running shoes after work and came home to Kevin cooking up a pasta feast.
This Puttanesca sauce was the base for a hearty sauce. Crusty Italian bread from DiPasquales. Nothing better.

I present you with Chicken Picasa: breaded chicken breasts topped with puttanesca sauce, artichokes, and fresh parmesan over fettuccine pasta.
Delish!

This morning, we had planned on a 10 mile trail run along the NCR trail in honor of National Trail Running Day! Unfortunately, the weather had other plans and we got hit with some pretty rough storms overnight and through the morning. We woke up at 5:30am to lightning and some rain, so we decided to postpone the run for awhile.

Around 8am, we decided to change our run to the paved paths in Columbia, MD - part of the Bagel 2 Beer Marathon that my father organizes every year. Kevin and I started at one point and my father started at another so we would meet in the middle. My dad had an out and back and we got a point-to-point run and a ride back to our car. We definitely had the better deal. :)

The run can be described as a Triple H run because it was Hard with the Heat & Humidity. Literally felt like a sauna out there. I feel good that we got 10 miles done, but it was a slow one due to the weather conditions. I know for a fact that I sweat more than I ever have in my life. My head was sweating so badly that it was dripping through my pony tail. ok - TMI, right?

Afterwards, we headed over for a great post-race treat. Great Harvest Bread!
I got coffee and two samples before deciding on a loaf to buy. White Chocolate/Cherry Bread that was ooey and gooey and AWESOME.
Then, a chocolate chip that I topped with Almond Butter. It was stuffed in my mouth before I remembered to snap a photo. But, I did take a picture of the almond butter because it was outstanding, so I am on the prowl to find it. Anyone know where they sell this type?The rest of my afternoon was spent running some animal errands with Oscar. Our errands wore him out.
We headed over to the park, then dropped by the vet to pick up some flea/tick meds before stopping into Petco to get food, treats, and kitty litter. Lucy gets irritable if her kitty litter isn't kept fresh. ;)
Tonight, I am headed out to dinner and a movie with a friend. The Time Travelers Wife - a perfect chick flick. Still deciding on where to grab dinner.

Oh - I almost forgot. A year ago TODAY (8/22) - I started the athlEAT blog with this post. SO - that makes today my Blogiversary. Happy Blogiversary to ME!

17 comments:

itsawrap August 22, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

Woo-hoo! Happy blogiversary! The big 1!

LizNoVeggieGirl August 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

EXCELLENT feast!!


Happy blogiversary, dear Lauren!!!

Alison Can Read August 22, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Running and pasta! Great combo.

Happy blogiversary!

The Purple Carrot August 22, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Happy Blogiversary!!! : )

Erica August 22, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

So sweet of your honey to make an INCREDIBLE din din. Great work on the run today- I bet the Great Harvest trip was PERFECT afterwards. Happy Blog Birthday!!!

janetha August 22, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

happy blogiversary!!

Matt August 22, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Happy blogiversary!

RunningLaur August 22, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

Good work with the run. I had the same dripping ponytail this week. Totally gross, but well earned.

Anonymous August 23, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

Happy blog anniversary! I like the the description triple H, but hate running in it.

Caroline August 23, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

Whoa, I need some of that bread! Happy blogiversary!

Julie D August 24, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Happy Blogiversary!

Lori August 25, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

Happy Blogiversary! Sounds like a hot and sticky run. Those are always rough, but what a great reward. I used to work at a Great Harvest and the White Chocolate Cherry is so good!

Grace August 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Congratulations on your Anniversary ... go blogger go!

Dee August 26, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

that bread sounds delish! i sure do wish we had some bakeries around where i live like that!

I Run for Fun August 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Happy blogiversary! Always enjoy reading your blog, Lauren. You're lucky to have such an awesoe cook as a boyfriend! The pasta looks delicious.

Bamboo Clothing August 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

Happy blogiversary!

Hope you enjoyed the carb feast.

Jordan September 10, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

I'm in trouble, I had no idea there was a Great Harvest Bread co in Columbia! I'm just finding your blog and it's great to see another person in the baltimore area, and also with a cat named Lucy! Too funny. Happy belated blogiversary :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP