8.09.2009

iPhone Cracks and Goat Cheese Crumbles

Well hello there. It has been awhile.



Do you wanna see something that stinks?
Crack! But I was fine with it especially because it still worked great and I got a cool arm band for running and biking.


Key word above- worked.

This is what happens when you drop the iPhone on tile for a second time. Looks like a spider web, right? Creepy...and...sad. Picked up a new one tonight...and definitely plan to add that "pointless" insurance this time.


I have been celebrating a few special people's birthdays in early August.

Happy Birthday MOM and JENNA!

My house is overflowing with fresh C.S.A. (Community Supported Agriculture) produce.

Corn-on-the-cob in a plastic bag. (gasp) Shame on me, right? But, I promise the bag was recycled as an Oscar-poo-picker-upper.
Bright red peppers.

I FINALLY planted some fresh herbs after planning to do this for 3 years. What have I been waiting for?

I guess I was waiting to meet the "HerbMan" that was sitting outside David's Natural Market selling herbs. :)


Bruschetta, anyone? This was made with the gorgeous C.S.A. tomatoes, basil from my backyard (!!!), Toasted Asiago Bread from Panera, drizzle of EVOO, drizzle of Balsalmic, and goat cheese crumbles.

Yes, I just said Goat. Cheese. Crumbles. Search for them in your grocery store if you didn't know about them before this post because they rock. No more messy goat cheese wrappers.

In terms of Workouts - I have gotten back in the swing of things and am currently in FULL half marathon training. Baltimore Half Marathon is October 10th!

  • The last two saturdays I have run 8.5 miles. The most recent run was MUCH more comfortable than the first. Improvement is key. (Cant help but think about last year at this time - I was training for a marathon and 8.5 miles was nothing in August.)
  • Biked 30 miles this past Sunday. On my heavy mountain bike with huge tires. On a paved path. I tried to stay positive and think about what a great workout I was getting. As all the people on road bikes whizzed by me like I was standing still.
  • Swam 30 mins last night. For the first time in months. Felt dizzy afterwards.
  • Took today OFF from workouts and plan on a run and Jillian Michaels No Trouble Zones tomorrow.

Off to bed.

15 comments:

RunningLaur August 11, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

Oh no, I'd be completely lost if that happened to my iphone!!
The eggplant looks amazing, and your herb garden is so cute too!

Caroline August 11, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

Big bummer on the iPhone!
I love having fresh herbs around--I think my cooking has improved tenfold as a result of planting my own herbs!

Amelia August 12, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your iphone.
The herb garden looks great so far! I tried one of those last summer. I think I got two basil leaves off it and then it became an herb graveyard. :(

Erica August 12, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

Sorry about your iPhone :( I know if I got one I'd break it too! All the CSA looks awesome- especially those red peppers! mmmm goat cheese crumbles? I will be looking for those- how delicious. I heart the goat cheese! Glad your workouts are going well! Keep kicking butt!!

K from ksgoodeats August 12, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

OH NO!! Sorry about your phone!

Lindsay August 12, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Sorry about your phone! I love fresh herbs! I really wanted to plant some this year and never got around to it. I need to find those goat cheese crumbles! I always make a mess trying to crumble it myself!

Matt August 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

I love goat cheese! It is awesome!

Sorry about the iPhone!

I Run for Fun August 12, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Oh no, so sorry about the i-phone!

The veggies look so fresh. You have inspired me to start planting my own herb garden. Now, if only I didn't have a black thumb!

Alison Can Read August 12, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

So sorry about the iPhone. I'd freak. I know that you can find people who can repair iPhones much cheaper than apple. Maybe someone can replace the screen.

Julie August 12, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

ughh sorry about the iphone! that sucks big time! atleast you had some sweet goat cheese to make it all better haha

Christina- MINDFUL LIVING August 13, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

the bruschetta looks great!!! love goat cheese so so so much! ill have to look out for the goat cheese crumbles. i am a horrible swimmer i really want to work on it. i know you said you were dizzy after swimming for 30 minutes but i dont think i could have even swim for 30 minutes straight haha

Lori August 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

Bummer about the iPhone. Yikes! So excited about your herbs. They look great. There is nothing like fresh herbs!

Angela (Run Study Eat) August 18, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

Hey! What can of case/armband do you use while running? I'm looking for one but every review I see is bad bad bad. I have an ipod classic 80g.

Dee August 18, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

sorry to hear about your phone

the Bruschetta looks SO GOOD. its one of my favs ... so tasty. and i much prefer goat cheese over cow :p

its my first time at your blog and i am really liking it!

lauren August 19, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

apple hill/thanks so much! I really want to get back into regular posting

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP