9.26.2008

Owner Treats

This morning started with a brisk walk in the park for Oscar where we met up with one of his dog walking pals. (i broke out the hooded sweatshirts - love it) He ran up and was playing with this one dog like he had known her forever, so us owners figured out they walk together because of the notes we get from the dog walker! Stopped by high grounds on the my way to work for a delicious skinny caramel latte.

Breakfast was made at work - a bowl of oatmeal mixed with hot water, raisins, almonds, almond butter, and pumpkin butter. delish! Mid-morning snack was a key lime pie larabar - this is my 2nd favorite to coconut creme pie and I think it is the unsweetened coconut that i love - it makes the bars moister. (sorry there are no pics!)

Lunch was provided by Buon Giorno - my favorite lunch spot. Today, I couldnt resist getting a slice of cheese pizza because it truly is my all-time favorite. Very thin and chewy crust. It is seriously heaven. I paired it with a garden salad and their tangy house balsamic dressing on the side.This afternoon, I mixed a container of 0% fage with Honey Almond Flax GoLean Crunch and a very ripe peach. But, this time, the peach was too ripe and it didnt taste as sweet.

About to head to the vet for Oscar's yearly appt - he is going to hate me, but I love going to this place because on top of providing dog treats - they provide owner treats! Yes, they bake fresh cookies in the waiting room for pet owners - how amazing is that? I was sold on this place as soon as I found that out! For any locals - Eastern Animal Hospital - go there - they bake fresh cookies!!! :)

Check out a picture of some local produce my sister gave me last night - very excited to try the white eggplant!Kevin and I have a 12-mile run tomorrow AM and then I am going out with some friends to celebrate a birthday! Should be fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

Never heard of white eggplant, how weird! Wonder if it taste the same as purple? And, how sweet of the vet to make people treats. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

White eggplant? I had a neon eggplant a couple of weeks ago. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the white version

Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

That white eggplant is kinda spooky looking, but cool at the same time!
Have a great run tomorrow!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point September 27, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

wow... white eggplant?! strange!

good luck with your 12 miler!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP