9.06.2008

Birthday Weekend - Part 2

So today was my sister's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We will get to the celebration a little later...first, here is my breakfast!

Oh and by the way - the half marathon is still on for sunday (tomorrow) now and it should be a muddy mess, but hopefully fun!

So breakfast was a mixture of egg whites, zucchini, onions, garlic, and asiago cheese. I had a piece of WW potato bread with barney butter and some honey. Also had a mango sparkler drink to go with it. I am loving this breakfast combination.Today was a big outing to Target to get alot of much needed house/life supplies - then a lot of cleaning around the house. It really does feel good to do it right every once in awhile. I tend to half-a$$ cleaning most of the times. Life is too short to spend cleaning the house! ;)

So after working up a pretty big appetite, i decided to make something delicious for lunch. I am going to just show the picture now and then post the recipe later. But this was so easy and extremely tasty.Now onto the good stuff. Tonight was a big birthday dining event at The Melting Pot in Columbia, MD. Going into this type of meal, it is impossible to think about depriving myself because how often do I eat here? Well, the last time was over 2 years ago? So this was definitely a splurge!

We started with CHEESE - we chose the Wisconsin trio down our end which was a mixture of Fontina, Butterkäse and Buttermilk Bleu cheeses with white wine, scallions and a hint of sherry. all i can say is wow - it doesnt get much better than this. It came with a variety of breads, veggies, and apples.
Then we each had salads and I chose the House salad which was extremely fresh and had a honey mustard vinaigrette. YUM. Oh - i didnt eat the egg yolk and finished most of the salad.Next up - i chose the Land and Sea, which was a mixture of chicken, shrimp, and sirloin. Kevin and I chose the vegetable broth cooking sauce. It came with a whole bunch of dipping sauces to choose from, but I mostly stuck with the Gorgonzola sauce for all veggies and meats, and then this tangy, sweet sauce for the shrimp. I am not sure how much I ate, but it wasnt all of it.Is there room for dessert? not on a normal day, but this is a SPLURGE day. So I made a little room. Check out this tray of luscious treats! (please disregard the unintentional "middle finger" - someone thinks they are funny) We had a pure dark chocolate down our end, but I did get a taste of the smores chocolate and that was also amazing. What beats dipping amazing desserts in melted chocolate? not really anything i can think of. is that chocolate dripping down the edge? someone better grab that...quick.
My favorite was the marshmallow dusted with graham cracker crumbs. But I made sure to try all of them - didnt want the other desserts and fruits feeling left out.Now I am off to bed - have a half marathon to run in the morning! (whoa) But I really am so happy to be doing it because i need to run off some of the 10,000 calories that I just put down. Have a great night everyone!



1 comments:

Anonymous September 7, 2008 at 4:48 AM  

Happy Birthday to your sister!

Those desserts look so yummy!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP