9.28.2008

Weekend Recap

I am playing catch up again, but I wasnt good at taking pictures of everything so this wont be as long! Friday night, I whipped up Annie's shells and cheese with some steamed broccoli. I also threw in a garlic & herb laughing cow cheese wedge for extra flavor - it made it so creamy and tasty!Saturday morning - we woke up to a rainy mess, but wanted to get the run out of the way, so Kevin and I headed out for a 12 mile city run. Oscar came along for the first 2 miles which was a loop around Patterson Park. During this loop, the skies decided to open up on us and it started pouring. The rain was dripping into my eyes and nose and I was miserable. I seriously considered bagging the entire run, but I had friends coming into town and wanted to relax that night!

So after we dropped Oscar off, I changed shirts and we pressed on. The rain was on and off the entire run, but not pouring, so it actually felt good. We ran down along the inner harbor and over into federal hill and back. I couldnt believe our time when we finished - 1:53 - for 12 miles!!! But then, I was skeptical - we have been pretty consistently running around 10 - 10:30min miles for our longer runs, so I went back and checked the course I had mapped out for us and realized I made a mistake. We ran a little under 11 miles - OOPS. So, while we didnt get the 12 miles in - I still feel like it was a good run.

For lunch on Saturday, kevin and I went down to Fins in Canton and grabbed our favorite chicken caesar wraps for lunch - yum. This restaurant recently changed names and owners, but their menu is the same, so we were happy to see the chicken caesar wrap wasnt changed!

I had two friends from college coming into town saturday night (one from NJ and another from WVa) to celebrate Jen's 30th birthday. We started off at Pazo Restaurant, which is this cool tapas restaurant in Harbor East. I was to busy catching up with them and enjoying the AMAZING food to remember to take pictures of everything. I ordered a jorgito, which was a tropical mango-coconut martini. It was so refreshing and light.

For food, we just ordered a bunch of the tapas and shared everything. Our tapas included:

  • Empanadas: spiced veal & pork in pastry salsa verde
  • Braised Lamb Shoulder: chickpea “polenta”, lamb jus
  • Crispy Calamari: lime salt, chili, cilantro & aioli
  • Pizza Cristina: buffalo mozzarella, tomato & basil
  • Malloreddus Pasta: hand-made saffron "gnocchi" with tomato, garlic, basil & roasted eggplant
  • Buffalo Mozzarella with mushrooms (cant find the description on the online menu)
  • Valdeon: (Léon-cow & goat) creamy, sharp, complex
They were all AMAZING. We ordered another plate of the empanadas because they tasted soo good and only came with 2 of them! Here is a picture of us after dinner, full, but not stuffed - ready to head out to federal hill for some bar hopping. We had alot of fun!Around 8am this morning, I woke up and made myself a bowl of Honey Almond Flax GoLean Crunch with peaches and skim milk. Didnt feel hungover at all, which is a good thing - I have learned how to taper off the drinking as the night goes on. ha.At 11am - Kevin whipped up some special brunch tacos that had egg whites, red peppers, onions, jalapeno chicken sausage and asiago cheese stuffed inside a grilled corn tortilla. He seasoned the tortillas with lots of black pepper which gave them an extra kick!Since my legs arent really sore today, we may try to do a bike ride or throw the football around in the park. I also need to head to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients to make my mom's homemade salsa and I want to make some turkey chili! Then it is redskins/cowboys game at 4:15 - GO SKINS!

4 comments:

Anonymous September 28, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

Nice job one the run. Glad the rain didn't stop you. Ever since you mentioned pumkin butter that is all I have been thinking about. Yesterday when I was out and about I picked some up.....so good!

Aron September 28, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

awesome job on the rainy run!! sounds like a great weekend :)

Steve Stenzel September 28, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

Nice job on the run! Way to go!!!

lauren September 28, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

d10/ glad you found some and like it! I tend to have a spoonful when i want something sweet! :)

aron/ thanks!

steve/ thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP