1.31.2010

Meli in Fells Point

This past week was Baltimore's Restaurant Week.  Last night, Kevin and I went out to dinner with some friends at Meli in Fell's Point.  The menu looked great and I was excited to try the place Baltimore Magazine voted "Best New Restaurant" in 2009.

We started out with some drinks.  Pinot Grigio for me.  Kevin ordered the girly mango cosmopolitan.  :)
The restaurant week deal includes three courses for $35.  My first was the Baked Goat Cheese Salad: Mixed Greens, Toasted Almonds, Blossom Honey Vinaigrette.  It was a big portion that also came with radishes and sliced pear.  The pear was not ripe at all, but otherwise, this was a great salad.
I chose my entree based on the sides that came with it.  The Braised Lamb Shank was served with Butternut Squash Mashed, Seared Brussels Sprouts, Candied Bacon, Pan jus reduction.  This dish was incredible.  I think this was only the second time in my life that I have had lamb, but the meat was so tender that I didn't even need a knife.

I chose the Galaktoboureko for dessert.  What, you havent heard of it?  Yeah, me neither.  This is a Traditional Greek dessert of baked Phyllo filled with custard and drizzled with a Citrus Honey Glaze.  It. Was. Awesome.  I blinked and it was gone.

We had a great meal and the service was good.  My only service complaint was when the waitress asked us which water we wanted for the table.  She named Pellegrino and some other fancy water and gave us no other options.  We had to ask for tap.  Umm, I am just not one of those fancy water type of people, so to not even offer it turned me off a bit.

Would I recommend Meli as a great place for dinner in Baltimore?  Most definitely.

Meli Patisserie and Bistro on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Kara February 1, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

Oooh awesome review! I'm going to have to add this to my wishlist! I haven't taken full advantage of Restaurant Week yet...

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP