1.17.2010

Clean Bill of Health

I am happy to report that my computer has a clean bill of health.  I want to share some of the pictures I have snapped over the holidays and into the new year.

The best oatmeal raisin cookies ever.  Once I steal the recipe from my mom, I will be sure to post.

No room in the fridge or freezer?  No problem.  A pile of snow acts as a perfect cooler for wine and grapefruit vodka.

I took this shot at my parent's house and thought the icicles on the bench looked cool.

On New Years Eve, Kevin and I stayed in and celebrated with cheese and wine.

We also made a delicious dinner of spinach salad, seared white sea bass, carrot/parsnip mash, topped with crispy pancetta.  We had picked up the fish from Frank's Seafood in Jessup, MD earlier that day.






For the spinach salad, we used this great "Powerhouse Salad Kit" from Trader Joes.  Spinach, dried blueberries, dried cherries, dried edamame, walnuts, and a blueberry cherry vinaigrette.

We added a little crumbled goat cheese because thats how we roll.

The powerful Vitamix whipped the carrot/parsnip mix until it was silky smooth.  That thing is no joke.  Love it.

Some other good eats over the past few days...Salad with grilled BBQ shrimp.

Real Simple's Slow Cooker Cuban Braised Beef and Peppers served over Basmati Rice with sliced avocado.




Off to watch the rest of 24.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday night!

9 comments:

Jenna January 18, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

So glad to see a new post and so jealous of the Vitamix

Erica January 18, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

Hey! I've missed ya! Glad to see you're back! That sea bass dinner looks super professional. Glad you enjoyed the holidays

Anonymous January 18, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

Good looking meals! I have never had sea bass. What does it compare to?

Anonymous January 18, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

Welcome back! Glad your computer is fixed :)

lauren January 18, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

thekitchenofarunner/Sea bass is very mild fish with a firm texture. I would say the texture is like a salmon and the flavor is like tilapia.

Kara January 18, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

I can't wait for that cookie recipe! And I've been eating the Powerhouse salads for like 3 weeks. I love it!

Anonymous January 18, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

Everything looks great. Glad to hear your computer is ok.

Retta January 20, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

Love the pic with the alcohol in the snow!

Anonymous January 20, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

glad to hear from you! please please share that oatmeal raisin cookie recipe if you ever get a chance - its my favorite type of cookie, but I can never seem to get the recipe right!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP