I think I am finally ready to post my tentative 2009 race schedule!! I tend to change my mind and make last minute decisions when it comes to this stuff, so this is VERY subject to change.
Looking back for a moment, 2008 was a great year because I was able to accomplish the following:
- St. Patty's Day 5k
- Clydes 10k
- Iron Girl Triathlon - Las Vegas (sprint distance)
- Frederick Half Marathon
- Tour de Cure Bike Ride to benefit the ADA (31 miles)
- Annapolis 10-Miler
- EX2 Off-Road Half Marathon
- Bagel 2 Beer Marathon (20 mile training run)
- Baltimore Marathon
- Harrisburg Marathon
Mostly everything on there is running. 2009 is going to be a little different because I am not sure if I want to train for a full marathon this year and I want to try some off-road races that involve mountain biking.
I am not a strong swimmer and the thought of training for another triathlon makes me have a feeling of MAJOR dread inside. I have enjoyed getting into mountain biking and want to try a few races to see how it is. It definitely scares me a little bit, especially to have people passing me on single track, but I want to try it.
The company EX2 Adventures puts on a bunch of off-road races in our area and I am so excited to sign up for them!
Last year, we did the EX2 Off-Road Half Marathon and it was a blast. Check out these photos from the event. In the first picture, notice me laughing at Kevin in the background as he almost falls. Still makes me laugh thinking about it.I went under the branch to make sure I didn't do the same thing.
So here it goes...
2009 Race Schedule (tentative)
- Clydes 10k: April 19, 2009, 6.2 miles road running
- EX2 Greenhorn Adventure Race: April 25, 2009, Short Sprint Adventure Race, Segments: 12-16 miles, 2-4 hours of trekking, paddling (canoes), mountain biking, navigation. My boyfriend and I are going to do this as a team - Let's hope our relationship survives. ;)
- Tour de Cure Bike Ride: May 9, 2009, 62 miles road biking
- EX2 Off-Road Half Marathon: May 17, 2009, 13.1 miles trail running
- XTERRA EX2 Off-Road Duathlon: July 12, 2009, 3 miles trail running, 14 miles mountain biking, 5 miles trail running
- Blue Crab Bolt 10K Trail Running Series: August 1, 2009 & August 15, 2009 10k trail runs
- Annapolis 10-miler: August 30, 2009, 10 miles road running
- Baltimore Half Marathon: October 10, 2009, 13.1 miles road running
- Metric Marathon: Date TBD, 26.2K or 16.3 miles road running
- Celtic Solstice 5 miler: Date TBD, 5 mile road running
So there it is....for now! I mainly want to ensure that I don't get injured and have fun. I am very excited about the Adventure Race. It is the one for beginners, so hopefully it will be fun and we can move on the the more advanced races in the future.
Did I mention that I am playing on a co-ed indoor soccer team this winter? Well, I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it because of my hamstring, but it has been feeling better. Meaning, I don't really feel it anymore.
Tonight is the first game and I am nervous. I used to play soccer on three different co-ed teams, but haven't played in the past year or so because it became too much and I was driving 20-30 mins to get there. But this team plays right down the street from me, so I cant use that excuse anymore.
Indoor soccer is such a faster pace game and I feel like I am not going to be able to breathe. Should be interesting...