2.26.2010

Stuffed Peppers

The other night after work, my sister snuck me in this place:

It may seem silly, but I was excited since I had never been inside a Costco.  I will admit that the product selection didn't knock my socks off, but I ended up getting some pretty good deals.  Oh and I got to sample coffee cake, chili and lobster bisque.  Score.
4lbs of Trail mix?  Yes, please.  This should last Kevin and I through next year.  
1.5 pounds of blueberries.  These would probably go to waste if I left them in the fridge, so I plan to stick more than half in the freezer for smoothies.
The Dry Roasted Edamame was my "I hope we like these b/c we have a 10 year supply" purchase.  I figured they would be a great snack for work.  Unfortunately, neither Kevin and I were a huge fan.  I have a feeling these may end up in my work kitchen.  Everything gets eaten up in there.
I came home from Costco to find Kevin already cooking dinner.  He was using a "beach body" recipe, which meant these were going to taste really healthy.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but he decided to add cheddar cheese to the bottom of each pepper, so we had something to look forward too.  
I chose the red pepper and was gloating that I had the best one since red peppers are so much better than green peppers
Lesson Learned:  Never Gloat.  As I was digging around my pepper for the cheese, I came to the realization that Kevin somehow missed adding the cheese to this one.  And that was the last of the cheese.  He knows I don't like green peppers.  


I will get him next time.  

6 comments:

RhodeyGirl February 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

Hilarious!!!!!!

Allison M. February 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

I have this debate with the BF on whether or not we should get a card to there. He thinks we will save money but I'm really big on local food only, so we may only use it for paper towels and other toiletries.

Erica February 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

I love Costco. But I stick to pretty much the same products every time= fresh fruit and veggies, hummus, yogurt, nut butter, oatmeal and household goods! The peppers look good to me. That story about the peppers is hilarious

Anonymous February 26, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

Haha I love it! I've never been to a Costco before and am so curious! It might be too tempting... :)

Tyler February 27, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

haha! sorry you didn't get ay cheese, but your stuffed pepper looks pretty good anyway! your totally right about red peppers being way better than green...the green ones just don't have as much flavor!

p.s. i love how you mentioned all the samples you tried! that is always the most fun part of grocery shopping!

Anonymous March 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

I LOVE stuffed peppers! Yours look great :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP