2.21.2010

Butter and Push-Up Grips

Friday night, Kevin brought me two just-because gifts.  The best kind.


Push-Up Grips since my wrists always hurt during our P90 workouts.
And KerryGold Pure Irish Butter because i always eye it up at the grocery store.  I think these items even each other out perfectly. 


We were planning on a run Saturday morning, so we stayed in a made a nice dinner of fish (tuna and salmon), asparagus, and risotto.  I made my first risotto and it was so easy!


It was also straight out of a box!  This Butternut Squash Risotto was flavorful and super simple to make.  We ended up chopping some of the asparagus to mix into the risotto.
Healthy and filling dinner.  


Soooo, Kevin and I started P90x over again.  We had gotten too far off track to keep moving forward and figured it would be best if we just start over.  The past two weeks, we have been getting up at 5am and completing the workouts before work.  It has been brutal since I am not a morning person.  But, we have stayed consistent and the early wake-up call is getting easier.  We are ready to kick off week 3 tomorrow.


I have not been running as frequently, but felt surprisingly OK during our 6 mile run on Saturday morning.  I do have to keep up with the running since the Washington's Birthday Marathon Relay had to be postponed to March 28th due to the snow.  That reminds me that I need to post my 2010 Race Calendar. 

2 comments:

Erica February 22, 2010 at 7:31 AM  

Great din din. Love risotto...I haven't made it in forever and need to add it to my weekly meal planner! Josh is doing P90X and is loving it!He has that same pushup set

Erica February 22, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

Hey girly! The recipe has morphed a little over time and is now as follows: 1 ½ cups oats, 1 cup coconut, 1 ½ cup mixed nuts & seeds, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons ground flax (sometimes I also add in cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice or vanilla). Preheat oven to 250. Mix together honey and oil and then add in all dry ingredients and mix until well coated. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, stirring once in the middle.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP