3.04.2010

My Favorite Blog Subjects

Trader Joe's


It has been awhile since I posted about my latest Trader Joe's purchases.  I still love that place and they don't pay me to say that.  Actually, the people at Trader Joes don't even know I exist.  Except that I am the annoying IP address that keeps requesting they open a Trader Joe's in Canton.

Anyways, the Cilantro and Jalapeno Hummus is my latest obsession.  Kevin and I went through one of these things in 2 days.  He takes big scoops.
The Multigrain Pita Chips with Sesame Seeds are the perfect scooper and something I pick-up everytime I am in the store.
I noticed this Gyoza Dipping Sauce and grabbed it immediately.  I am always failing to create the perfect combination of soy sauce, rice vinegar & sesame oil for gyoza dipping.
No picture of the package, but the Thai Shrimp Gyoza w/ the dipping sauce was a very tasty combo.

The other day I made this breakfast wrap.
  • 1 Handmade Whole Wheat Tortilla (TJs brand, of course)
  • Edamame Hummus (TJs)
  • Lite Mexican Cheese Blend (TJs)
  • Spinach
  • Scrambled Egg Whites + 1 regular egg
  • Chalula hot sauce
  • Only thing to make it even better would be some chopped tomatoes, but we were all out.


Workouts

I am proud to say that Kevin and I are days away from completing Week 4 of P90x.  Our only slacking includes missing 1 session of Ab RipperX and cutting yoga 30 mins short.  Not too shabby.  

P90x Superlatives (so far)
  • Favorite - Core Synergistics.  The time seems to fly by and I feel like I am getting a great overall work out.  
  • Hardest - YogaX.  My wrists (and entire body) hurts like hell during the first 40 mins of a million downward dogs and Chaturangas.  
  • Most Surprising - The first time I did KenpoX, I felt silly and couldn't keep up.  When I finally started focusing, it is now one of the workouts I actually look forward too.
  • Least Favorite - Ab RipperX is only 15 mins, but I hate abs.  Always have, so I struggle through this workout and the minutes seem to last an eternity.
With all this P90x going on, the frequency of my running has been suffering.  I am getting smaller runs in once or twice a week, with a longer run on the weekend.  

Oscar & Lucy

Oscar wanted to say hi.  He tried on the heart bandana Lucy got on her trip to the vet.  
The serious look.  

Speaking of Lucy, you wouldn't know it from the picture below, but she did everything in her power NOT to get into this carrier when it was time to go to the vet last week.  
I came home to find her hanging out in there as if it is her favorite place in the world.  

Then I catch her drinking out of Oscar's water bowl. 
Since I have probably reached the pet picture limit, I will end this random post here and say that I hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend.  I am in store for a weekend of fun celebrations that includes 1 new restaurant and 1 restaurant that has a special place in my heart.  Cant wait.

Good night!

5 comments:

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore March 4, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat I want that hummus right now - I've never noticed it before!!!!

Charm City Kim March 5, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

That hummus looks DIVINE! I wish there was a TJ in Canton as well! I guess I'm lucky I work near one (and I will be buying that hummus AND the edamame one too!).

As for P90x - congrats on getting through week 4! I actually hate core synergistics but mostly because I originally went into it with a different mental attitude. My husband told me week 4 was a "rest week" so I really didn't anticipate much... and then that workout had PRISON CELL PUSHUPS. WTF?!

lauren March 5, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

charmcitykim/prison push-ups were BRUTAL. Go onto the TJs website and help me keep requesting a Canton TJs. Although it wld probably be so popular that it wld annoy me more then Canton Safeway.

Anonymous March 5, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

Love Trader Joes :)

Tyler March 5, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

I have not tried that hummus from TJ's. I will have to look for it next time!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP