11.01.2009

Sick

Last Wednesday evening, I had a the hint of a sore throat and felt extremely tired.  Thursday, I woke up and felt like I had been run over by a mack truck.  The past four days, I have gotten extremely familiar with my couch, reality tv and the different remedies for a sore throat/viral infection.

The food I consumed involved choking down hot oatmeal, slurping soup broth and trying to enjoy milkshakes and popsicles.  It makes it hard to enjoy anything when it hurts to swallow my own saliva.  Ok - probably getting very near the T.M.I. border.

My poor Oscar didnt understand how I was home all day, but didnt have the energy to take him to the park or play with him in the house.  He has his "pathetic" look nailed.

He finally gave up on me and went after Lucy.  See how he snuck up behind her?

Then he pounced.  He scared the whiskers off poor Lucy.  Blurry photo because I had the shakes from all the medicine I was pumping into my body.

I did finally get to try one of the new POM Juice flavors that Molly from POM was kind enough to send my way.  Pomegranate Nectarine.  It was deliciously refreshing and gave me some much needed antioxidants.  I wasnt a big fan of the Pomegranate Kiwi flavor she sent, but to each its own. 

In the midst of my sickness, I missed out on a number of fun events that were planned for the weekend and couldn't complete my 20 mile training run.  I have been stressing about this all weekend.  I need to run a 20 miler!!!  The marathon is in 3 weeks!  So yes, I am freaking out.

My sore throat is finally gone, but today, my nose decided to start running.  I told my nose that only one of us could be running at a time, so it needed to stop immediately. 

I am thinking a 12-14 miler on Monday or Tuesday night, two other shorter runs and then, this saturday AM, we are doing a 20 miler training run come hell or high water.

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl November 1, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Get 100% well soon, dear Lauren!!

Erica November 1, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

ah! Your poor thing. Glad you're feeling better. Sometimes its fun to be home with the puppers all day :) I had the exact same feelings on those two flavors of POM. The kiwi is still sitting half full in our fridge...

Georgie Fear, RD, CPT November 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

oh too familiar, the pre-marathon cold. :( Been there!

I highly recommend the sore throat spray by Cepacol. It helps a lot.

Put this one in the TMI category: watch it on the sugar-free cough drops and running. They can cause some GI....uh...issues.

Hope youre on the mend quickly!

Best,
Georgie Fear RD
www.askGeorgie.com

Matt November 1, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

Oh man I seriously hate being sick! I sweat by Nyquil though. That stuff is killer.

SeeGirlRun November 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

I'm with Matt. NyQuil day and night is what I swear by. Hope you feel better soon. Boy, doesn't the swine flu suck?

Diana November 11, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Aww...that's frustrating! :( Sorry to hear. Drink lots of liquids to flush that sickness away! I like to get plenty of vitamins, too. I tell myself they'll help my body heal itself. Hopefully you feel better soon. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP