9.18.2009

SHOTS, BEANS & CHOMPS

Marathon Training is in full swing and it has been going well. Last weekend, Kevin and I completed a 15 mile city run. We ran from Canton to Fells Point, through downtown, around to Federal Hill, through Locust Point to Fort McHenry and back. It was a grand tour of all the great Baltimore neighborhoods. I mapped it out before and after the run and realized afterwards that we actually did 15.19 miles!



We had great weather - cloudy and cool w/ a slight breeze - which made the run seem easier.



Tomorrow is our 17 mile training run on the Bagel 2 Beer Marathon course. The actual 2009 Bagel 2 Beer Marathon is this Sunday, but we are helping with a water stop on race day, so we will do our run tomorrow. We are meeting my dad along the course since he is doing the entire thing tomorrow. He is the Race Director/Organizer, so he will be on his bike Sunday ensuring all is running smoothly. Looking to have about 35-50 starters, so it should be a good group of people this year.



Kevin picked up some Ravioli Caprese from DiPasquales for dinner which were delicious. Fresh pasta stuffed with mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, ricotta.

I am currently setting out the stuff I picked up from Road Runner Sports on the way home from work tonight. CLIF Shots(for Kevin),

Extreme Sport Beans (for ME),

and GU Chomps for all of us.

I think I have covered every type and brand of this stuff without even realizing it. These Blueberry Pomegranate GU chomps are incredible by the way.


I also grabbed some new socks because all of mine are extremely OLD. I didn't even realize that Road Runner Sports stopped carrying Thorlos?! They have their own brand now, so I figured I would give them a try. World's Best Running Socks?


We shall see about that!

10 comments:

Matt September 18, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

Good luck on your run tomorrow!

RunningLaur September 18, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Great work on the 15 miles - it looks like a great route through lots of Bmore.

Good luck on the 17!

Anonymous September 19, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

Great job on your runs- you are going to kill it at your race!

Anonymous September 19, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

Great job on your runs- you are going to kill it at your race!

Alison Can Read September 20, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Good luck on the run!
What do you think of the gel packs. They look like they'd taste nasty. I suppose it's better than nothing though.

Charm City Kim September 21, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

what a nice route! I love running through through canton to fed hill.


and DiPasquale's is hands down one of my favorite places to eat. I grab lunch there just about every Saturday (a Calabrese sandwich!)

Jen (Running With Cake) September 21, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

I've never heard of sports "beans". How funny! Run strong!

lauren September 22, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Alison/I despise the gel/gu shots mainly because of the consistency. some people love them, but I am more of a jelly bean/chomp girl because they remind me of gummy candy.

charmcitykim\i am going to have to check out this calabrese sandwich!

Anonymous September 22, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

that run throughout baltimore looks awesome! amazing job on your run, you are quite amazing my dear!

Brie (The Fit Bride) September 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Good luck with the run! Looks like you'll have plenty of fuel!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP