9.06.2009

Labor Day Weekend

What a week it was...all due to a crazy deadline at work. BUT, I am happy to report that I kept up with my running despite working 60+ hours.


Last Sunday to loosen our legs a bit, Kevin and I went for an hour mountain bike ride. I tracked our ride through Patapsco State Park using Trail Guru - a very cool iPhone app.


The map below shows the path we took through the park.


You can see more about our ride HERE, including a scary picture of me after the ride. Sweaty helmet hair is tough to fix.


Other workouts this week included:

  • Mon - 6 mile run
  • Tue - Arc Trainer 40 mins, Row 15 mins
  • Wed - OFF
  • Thu - 6.2 mile run
  • Fri - OFF
  • Sat - Lift 40 mins, upper body and abs only.
Which brings me to today -
  • Sun - I am happy to report that I completed 14 miles this morning.

It was a tough first 3 miles because we were on a main highway and I always seem to feel miserable during the first 3 miles of any run. We had a great bay breeze from the water and eventually got on more secluded back roads. 14 miles later, I was thirsty, hungry and my legs were aching. Came home and ate a donut. It tasted DELICIOUS.

I have lots of other things to show you and write about, but I forgot my camera cord and am down at the beach for the Labor Day Weekend.

Let me give a quick shout out to my DAD and SISTER though...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you!

In the meantime - you can find me on TWITTER HERE - since I am officially addicted. Fun to see what people are up too. My famous favorites to follow - Chris Cooley, Taylor Swift, Andy Roddick, Demi Moore, Jessica Simpson, Serena Williams, Rick Baylis, Ruth Reichl, and many others...


oh and you will also find me at the beach or pool RELAXING - Mango Mojito and good book in hand.
Enjoy the rest of your labor day weekend!

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl September 6, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Thank goodness you survived the busy week!! Rest up now :)

Happy birthday to your dad and sister!

RunningLaur September 6, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Congratulations on the 14 miles!! Looks like you have a fantastic weekend to enjoy too :)

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point September 6, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

hey! great job on your long run :)

Janetha @ meals + moves September 6, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

i love your activity level even on the weekend!

Erica September 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

WOW 14 miles? Kick behind! Glad you made it through the work week- 60 + sounds like no fun. Enjoy the relaxing doll!

Matt September 6, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

Nice job on the 14 miles! Have a good Labor Day!

Anne September 6, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Great job on the 14 miles! That's awesome :D Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Caroline September 7, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

Congrats on finishing the 14 miles! Mojito and a good book sounds like a perfect reward:)

Charm City Kim September 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

I'm kind of with you on the first few miles being tough on long runs. I think for me its all mental (thinking, "ugh - I have another 10 miles to go!)

Nice job though!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP