9.13.2009

Marlin Moon Grille - West OC

The week flew by because it was another BUSY work week, so here I am recapping the labor day weekend a week later. We had great weather and some great food.


It was nice to have breakfast on a shady porch. Below are grilled corn tortillas filled with egg, cheese, turkey bacon, and fresh tomatoes. Coffee is a must.
The next morning it was more of the same, but this time we added some grilled corn to the egg tacos and my mom made a great fruit salad of peaches, strawberries, blueberries, apples and bananas.

During our weekend, we celebrated my dad's birthday by going to the same restaurant where my parents went immediately after they got engaged on the beach. The name has changed, but it still has the same look inside as it did back then.

They started off by bringing us steaming hot sesame bread with cold herb butter. The bread was awesome and I definitely filled up on bread like I always try not to do.
We ordered a bottle of Malbec for the table and I enjoyed a glass + a refill throughout the meal.

I decided to go with a soup and salad for my meal and ordered a bowl of the Maryland Crab Soup to start. This soup had incredible flavor with just the right amount of spice. I shared a few bites, but then proceeded to polish off the entire bowl.

I went with the house salad topped with seared scallops for my main meal and ordered their two house dressings (balsamic and romano cheese) on the side. I ended up mixing the two dressings together for a cheesy balsamic that worked really well.

Kevin's ordered the seafood pasta served with a white wine garlic sauce that was incredible. Check out the size of that shrimp!

Room for dessert? but of course! After singing to my dad...
We all split two desserts - Mixed berry pie...
Plus bread pudding topped with pecans and a brandy caramel sauce.

Both desserts were good, but didn't blow me away. The best part was them bringing my favorite candy in the world after our meal. SWEDISH FISH!
I thought this was the best idea for a seafood restaurant. great touch. Kevin took a picture of my parents, grandmom and I after the birthday dinner.

Overall, the Marlin Moon Grille was a great choice and I would highly recommend it to anyone heading down to Ocean City, MD.

And now I will leave you with some cute animal shots from our labor day weekend. After our 14 mile training run, we headed to Rita's for some ice cream therapy. It always helps out sore legs. Oscar and Max (my parent's dog) were putting on their best "begging" faces in the background.
Oscar and I posing for a picture after some play time with his bear.
Good night everyone!
Marlin Moon Grille on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Matt September 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Mmm those tacos look good. That has to be one of my favorite breakfasts!

Erica September 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

What a great weekend :) That is so cute that you went to the restaurant where your parents went after they got engaged!!! mmm Maryland crab soup- so yummy!

RunningLaur September 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

Your posts always make me want to eat your fantastic Maryland food!

BroccoliHut September 13, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

Totally coveting that bread pudding.

Erin September 14, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

That is a super cute pic of you and Oscar!

Anonymous September 15, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

I want some of that mixed berry pie! Looks delish!

Jordan September 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

The bread pudding looks dangerous and the warm bread with cold herb butter sounds so good! Looks like you guys ran right near my house on your city run! That's a great course :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP