5.10.2010

Black Ankle Vineyard - Mother's Day

Mother's Day started out with a great brunch at Yellow Dog Tavern with my family, where I forgot to take any pictures.  ugh!

It continued later as a smaller group of our brunch crew headed out to Black Ankle Vineyards in Mt. Airy, MD. 
The tasting building is designed to be extremely eco-friendly.  The walls are insulated with straw and check out the live roof - love that!  (check out their website for more info and photos of the entire building process)
All moms received a complimentary tasting and a gerber daisy.
My grandmom decided to give me all of her tastes of wine, so I had a double tasting.  :)
After trying all the wines, we decided to enjoy a bottle of their award winner, Crumbling Rock, out on the patio.
Warm, crusty bread and cheese from a local creamery.
Great view.
Can I live here?  and drink wine, eat bread and cheese all day?  Please?
What a great way to spend celebrating mother's day!  (or any day for that matter)

5 comments:

Anonymous May 10, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

Great way to spend mothers day!

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore May 11, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

Wow, what a lovely vineyard! I heard their wines are excellent too!

I Run for Fun May 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

Sounds like a heavenly day! And if you end up living there, can I come live with you?

Lori May 21, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

What a beautiful place! I could eat bread and cheeses and drink wine every day. I seriously don't think I'd ever get tired of it. :)

Lori June 22, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

I HEART wine. :)
Oh, and tasting it!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP