Marathon training has come to an end and it is now taper week. I always feel strange the week before a marathon - like I should be doing more. My nerves always affect my stomach and it currently feels like butterflies are fluttering around my insides. So far, my week is looking like this:
- Saturday – 1 hour (Very Hilly) run
- Sunday – Off Day
- Monday – 4 mile run
- Tuesday – walk/run with Oscar. Maybe a ½ mile’s worth. 3 push-ups. Yes, I said 3. I intended to do more and just didn’t have it in me. Plus, it is taper week. :)
- Plan/Wednesday – 2-3 mile EASY jog.
- Plan/Thurday – Long Walk w/ Oscar
- Plan/Friday – OFF (Bruce Springsteen concert in Baltimore!)
- Plan/Saturday – OFF
- Plan/Sunday – Philadelphia Marathon!!
That got me to start thinking, what are my goals? Earlier this year, I had proclaimed that I was not running a marathon this year. After running two last year and having a sore hamstring, I was ready for a year off from training.
- Stretch Goal: Finish in the 4:30s. This could happen if all the stars aligned. Perfect weather, I felt incredible and strong, right amount of fuel, good course.
- Realistic Goal: Finish in the 4:40s. This is where I realistically think we will be based on all of our training runs. Granted, we have run some hilly training runs and Philly is supposed to be a flatter course, so you never know.
Anyone from Philadelphia know a great Italian place we should make reservations?