5.23.2010

The Tasting Room - Frederick, MD

This past Saturday, I met my friend Jen in Frederick for lunch and shopping.  Downtown Frederick is such a cute area with a bunch of unique shops.  I hadn't been shopping in awhile, so it was fun to explore and pick up some new things.  

We decided to try out The Tasting Room for lunch.
I started with a glass of Pinot Grigio that was refreshing and light.
They brought warm, crusty bread with butter.  I think the TR stencil on the butter was made from paprika.  Nice touch.  

We ordered a starter of grilled calamari with a spicy garlic/tomato sauce served over a piece of crusty bread.  This was absolutely delicious.  
I ordered the salmon, which came with a rice cake, wilted spinach & a sweet chili sauce.
Jen ordered the swordfish, which came with shrimp, crab, potatoes, & mushrooms in a cajun cream sauce.  

Both dishes were beautifully to look at and even better to eat.  I savored every single bite of my fancy lunch.  

The Tasting Room on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Anonymous May 23, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Mmm that Salmon looks so good :)

kitchengeeking June 18, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

That calamari is bueno, and that crusty bread is garlicky-heaven.

Unknown November 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM  

Thanks for the review - your pictures were really nice as well

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP