10.25.2009

Blondies for Breakfast

The other night I got a major craving for some of Jasmine's Banana Butterscotch Blondies.  I am not sure I have the words to describe how good these are. 

It is the type of recipe you take somewhere to share. I really should have taken my own advice.  I started having them for breakfast with coffee and then would go back for small slivers since they dont really count.

Towards the end of the pan, I started thinking that I might as well just polish them off, so that they were out of my house once and for all.

And that was the end of the blondies.  From now on, when I make them, they are being shipped off to family, co-workers and friends.  I can not be trusted with them in the house.

Besides eating blondies for breakfast, lunch & dinner - I found time to eat other food as well.  Pan Seared Halibut w/ a Light Green Sauce.  (Recipe inspiration came from this recipe on AllRecipes.com)

I lightened up the sauce by using 2% milk instead of heavy cream.  I also cut back on the butter and added a little EVOO.  I may have overdone the amount of capers in the sauce because there was no measuring involved, but I love capers.

Since the sauce called for wine, it seemed only fitting to drink some with the meal. 

This dish was a success.  Both Kevin and I loved it.  Next time, it would be great served overtop sauteed spinach to soak up all the deliciousness of the sauce.

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.  I ran 17 miles today and lived to type about it.  More on that tomorrow. 

12 comments:

Kara October 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

I am all about both of those recipes.

And 17 miles?! Whoa, girl!

Erica October 26, 2009 at 6:27 AM  

hahaha- I've totally done that before :) Luckily...Josh eats a lot of my baked goods fast enough that I rarely even sample them any more. I am very grateful ;) Great job on the 17 rocking miles girl

LizNoVeggieGirl October 26, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

You know how much I love blondies!! I'm always posting about them, haha ;)

AWESOME mileage!!

Matt October 26, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

Mmm I love blondies. Baked goods are dangerous though. Do you find yourself just randomly eating them? I once went through a batch of twelve huge muffins in two days and can't even remember eating them all! Haha.

Anonymous October 26, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

yummm jasmine's blondies! delicious!! and your halibut looks ridiculously amazing girl. top chef :)

Anonymous October 26, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

haha, thats how i eat baked goods.. a little bite, another one, another one, until i might as well lick the pan clean. oops.

lauren October 26, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

erica\I need to tell Kevin to step it up. ha. He isnt as into the baked goods as I am.

veggiegirl\you are totally the queen of Blondies. :)

Matt\Yes!! it was like I would black out and then find blondie crumbs all over the place.

dailygoods\best compliment ever - thanks!

skinnyrunner\exactly - those little bites dont count, but they do add up. ;)

Amelia October 26, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Great job on the 17 miles! Way to go. :)

Totally with you on the capers. You can never had too many.

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) October 26, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

17 miles?! Whoa, that is a lot of running! Way to go!

B.o.B. October 26, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

Congrats on your long run. I love capers too! I always use that site myself. :)

I Run for Fun October 27, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Mmm...I know this is dangerous, but I am totally going to bake myself some of that this weekend! Yay on the 17 miles! Great going!

Anonymous October 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM  

I love you! this post made my day! =)

I know it might sound crazy - but the other day I made these blondies and put them in the freezer (per my boyfriend's request) and they taste amazing a bit frozen... sounds reallly gross, but they were amazing!!

and congrats and 17 miles - you are a machine!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP