10.05.2009

Bilvil, a beaches cafe

This past weekend, I discovered a hidden gem on the Chesapeake Bay.  I was down in the North Beach/Chesapeake Beach area of Maryland to spend some time with girlfriends and celebrate our 30th birthdays.  After being pampered with a massage and pedicure, we were STARVING.  It was almost 3:30pm and we hadnt eaten lunch.  A woman at the spa recommended we try a cafe closeby - Bilvil.

Walking up to the front door, I was struck by the casual, beachy look and immediately liked the place.  They have a water bowl out front for dogs!  love that!

I thought the inside seemed cozy and just like home.  

For some reason, the book-type menus impress me.  I think they have a classy look and feel.

We spent a long time reading the menu, and were disappointed when the waitress informed us they were out of goat cheese.  This meant we had to rearrange our plans since we all had ordered the salad w/ herbed goat cheese to start.  We decided to split the Meatball appetizer and "add more balls", so we each had our own.  :)

Someone in the back knows what they are doing because these meatballs were incredible.  They came served with a robust tomato sauce, topped w/shaved parmesan, and garlic bread toasts for dipping.

Next up, I felt like I needed some "green", so I ordered a small tossed salad with ranch salad dressing.  (Note: All dressings are HOMEMADE)

The star of this salad was the dressing.  The greens were fresh, but I loved that the dressing had a ton of fresh herbs and a sour cream base.  They have an herb garden outside of the restaurant and place fresh herbs on all the tables in lieu of flowers.  cute touch.

As my main meal, I decided on the Chicken Parmigiana sandwich served with homemade house fries and the daily side.

They had a number of entrees that sounded delicious, so I would like to come back and try them out for dinner sometime soon.

My sandwich arrived on HOMEMADE bread and breaded chicken that was topped with fresh mozzarella and tomato sauce.  I was wishing the bread was more toasted, but overall, I enjoyed the sandwich.  The homemade house fries were great - not greasy at all - cooked to perfection. 

The daily side was a macaroni salad that had broccoli, cucumbers, red peppers and a sour cream/herb base.  I am thinking the chef doesnt like mayo which is great for me, because I cant stand mayo.

I loved finding this place and will definitely be going back.

Bilvil on Urbanspoon

10 comments:

Erica October 5, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

What a cute place. I love homemade dressings- so much better than anything in a bottle!

Matt October 5, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Looks like a great place. I love chicken parm ;)

I Run for Fun October 5, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

It does look like a homely yet classy place. The pics are great...makes me feel like I ate there!

The Purple Carrot October 5, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

How fun, that looks like such a cute cafe! : )

Lindsay October 5, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

That looks like such a cute place! The food looks so good! I love dressings with a sour cream base, I can't stand mayo either!

Alison Can Read October 6, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Looks wonderful! I love meatballs!
I often feel like I need something green in a meal too.

Erin October 6, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

Happy bday Lauren!

Anonymous October 7, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Cute place. Sounds like a great find.

BlackEyedSusan October 7, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Thanks for supporting a great place. This little Bistro is local for me and I want to see it stay!

Grace October 7, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

I'm so jealous. I wish I was with you.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP