6.04.2009

CSA and It's My Birthday!

After posting yesterday, I went out to my car to realize that it had been broken into - scary! I swear I locked my doors and the police that came said there have been a number of break-ins in our area and they think the people doing this have a special tool or something. Who knows, but my TomTom and Ipod are GONE and the papers in my car were all over the inside and on the street.


SO frustrating and disappointing, but my car doesn't have any major damage, so I feel lucky. Just scary that it happened right out front of my house. I guess you have to expect it to eventually happen...living in the city.


Moving on to brighter things...yesterday afternoon, I went with my sister, niece, and nephew to Breezy Willow Farm for our CSA pick-up. You pay monthly, and then each week, there is a different menu of items for pick-up. Check out everything we got!It was so cool to see all the fresh fruits and vegetables!We went around and gathered all of our goods - my sister and I split everything this week.
You even get a dozen fresh eggs and a loaf of homemade bread from The Breadery, which is a small independent bakery in Ellicott City, MD. We chose the Honey Whole Wheat. Mmmm.
During the weekly pickup - the farm gives all kids a popsicle or ice cream. My niece, Jenna, was wondering how this thing melted so quickly. It was all over her. :) My nephew, Justin, was having fun checking out the chickens.I thought this guy had a pretty stylish look.
Jenna got to feed the rabbits a little grass...and there were so many cuddly rabbits.But, this little guy won our hearts. Like seriously? One ear up and one ear down - you can barely see his eyes from all the fur? adorable.
After arriving home, I wanted to use as many veggies as possible. I chopped up asparagus, green onions, carrots, spinach,and garlic to stir-fry.I boiled some rice noodles, added shrimp, Peanut Satay sauce from TJs, and roasted peanuts for a delicious Shrimp Pad Thai dinner.Moving to today - June 4th - MY BIRTHDAY!!! Kevin made me a delicious birthday breakfast of whole wheat french toasted topped with fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, and a drizzle of agave nectar.YUM.


So far, my birthday has been perfect. Delicious breakfast, walk in the park with Oscar, 1 hour No Trouble Zones w/ Jillian Michaels, blogging while drinking coffee.


I am thinking about heading to the mall to cash in a fun gift certificate to VS and maybe I will get a mani/pedi. For lunch, Kevin is coming home from work and picking up a DiPasquales Brick Oven Pizza on his way. I am going to make a fresh salad using all the CSA veggies!


Later tonight, I am heading to my niece's ballet recital (the dress rehearsal) since we are away this weekend and will miss the actual recital - then out to dinner with my family to The Dogwood! I am SUPER excited about it, especially because Kevin and I had such a great experience the last time we went.


The excitement will continue tomorrow as we head down to Charlottesville, VA for my friend's wedding weekend. Should be a blast.

33 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl June 4, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Yikes!! So sorry about your car :-( Stay safe!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Erica June 4, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

That is SUPER scary about your car...bummer about your losses. All of the farm fresh goods look amazing! And fresh baked bread? YUM! Hope you have a fabulous birthday!!

Anonymous June 4, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

Ahh I'm so sorry about your car! That's so scary!!

And we get bread from the Breadery at my school.. it's SO good!! I love that it's so local too :) All of your farm goodies look so yummy!

and.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Have a fab day :) :)

Danielle Runs June 4, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

i'm drooling over your breakfast picture, i have yet to have mine! looks delish!!!

Happy Birthday!! :)

RunningLaur June 4, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

happy birthday!!

All of the veggies+ look amazing!

Rose June 4, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your trip!!!

Anonymous June 4, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Happy birthday lauren!!! So scary about the break-in, hopefully pizza and a manicure will get your mind off it!

MacDuff June 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

Oh god - hope your car is safe now! So scary.

Awesome about the CSA - it's good to know that Baltimore has them up and running now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! You don't look a day over 19!

K from ksgoodeats June 4, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

I'm so so so sorry to hear about your car getting broken into :(

I hope you still have a FANTASTICO birthday!! Eat lots of that yummy bread - delicious!

Anne June 4, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Oh no, that's so scary about your car! I'm sorry about your TomTom and iPod. Be careful!

Happy Birthday!! Have fun today :D

SeeGirlRun June 4, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Happy Birthday!!! Sorry about your car. Our truck was stolen right out of our driveway so I know how you feel. Jerks!

Anonymous June 4, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

Happy happy birthday to you!

I had something similar happen to my car last year.... it is very violating. Sucks that they took your stuff.

The CSA looks amazing. Hope you have the best time today.

Anonymous June 4, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Happy Birthday!! Glad today has gotten off to a great start :)

Anonymous June 4, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day.

Anonymous June 4, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Sorry to hear about your car. That is unnerving. Hope you have a great day! have fun at the recital.

Karena June 4, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

o no! sorry to hear about the break in. hope the bday celebrations take your mind off of it! have a great bday :)

Lori June 4, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Happy Birthday to you!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your car and stolen items. Hopefully your birthday celebrations will make things better. Very cook about your CSA goodies. Eggs and bread sound like a great bonus!

I Run for Fun June 4, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

Happy birthday, girl! Enjoy!

How scary that your car was broken into. Be safe!

Your pad thai looks great...and sounds simple. I will try it this weekend.

Meghann June 4, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Red Head, Yellow DOg June 4, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

Happy birthday!!! woooo!!! so fun!

tfh June 4, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Wow, that's the best CSA ever! Bread, too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

janetha June 4, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

HOLLER GEMINI! geminis are the best! happy birthday to you! i hope you have a great day and get everything you wanted plus more! xoxo!!

Matt June 4, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Sorry about your car...

But happy birthday!

Anonymous June 4, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

I am so sorry to hear about your car, Lauren! I'm glad that the actual car wasn't too damaged, but sorry about what you've lost :o(

But on the brighter side, Happy Birthday! What a delicious breakfast you had! I hope you have a fun birthday weekend!

Julie June 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

that SUCKS about your car man! but atleast you're okay :) now you can get a new tomtom & ipod for your birfdayyyy


happpppy birthday! have an awesome time!

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) June 4, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

Happy birthday! I may go back to our farm tomorrow...the strawberries were too good and the girls are ready to chase chickens again!

elise June 4, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

happy birthday!!!!!!!

ChickPea June 5, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

Sorry to hear about the break-in! I hope you have a fabulous birthday to make up for it:)

HangryPants June 5, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

So sorry about your car! Your CSA looks so fun!

Happy Birthday!!!!

Alison Can Read June 5, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

I'm so sorry about your car! Mine was broken into a few years ago and it's amazing how violated I felt, even though it was just in a parking garage.

Happy Birthday!

Julie D June 5, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Happy (now belated) birthday! That toast looked great!

Anonymous June 6, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

WOW that place you went to with all the fresh veggies looks AWESOME! you are so lucky to have that place! and how cute about the french toast! looks tasty :) im so sorry to hear about your car!! some people in the world are just plain nuts. if u wanna hear a worse story than that- my car was in my driveway right outside my bedroom window and was stolen! 4 days later the cops had a high speed chase with it and had to shoot at the car! the ppl were wanted for something i dunno what- anyway 10,000 $ worth of damage--- needless to say i got a new car haha

Amelia June 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

So sorry to hear about your car! That sucks.

Happy belated birthday!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP