8.24.2008

Healthy Pizza

Using Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough (which is only 99 cents), TJ fat-free pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and some fresh veggies - I made up a veggie pizza that was delicious!
First, I started by sauteing some garlic and veggies I had on hand in about a tablespoon of olive oil with oregano. The veggies included white onions and red, yellow and banana peppers from a produce stand on the way home from the beach last weekend. I have found that the best way to really get that good caramelized flavor and color is to turn the heat on medium high and just leave it for a good 5 mins.
Next up was rolling out the whole wheat dough in some flour. well, maybe a little TOO much flour...I love my pizza dough roller from pampered chef! first time using it.


Then I added the sauce, veggies, and CHEESE. I love cheese. It makes everything better. (the flour was everywhere - please disregard for now as I dont yet have photoshop to remove these items from the picture)
Here it is right before putting in the oven at 425 for 12 mins. Oh - those fresh tomatoes were an addition by Kevin - I said he could put them on half.

Here it is after pulling it out of the oven

Here is my one huge slice - I stuck with just one slice, but it was probably the size of two. There are always workarounds. ;)
Then, for dessert, I heated up some of my blueberry/peach cobbler and added some roasted, unsalted almonds, a few spoonfuls of vanilla Chobani (greek yogurt), and some drizzles of honey. YUM. Hit the spot! And yes, I did use the same plate that my pizza was on. I was trying to save water, well actually, my dishwasher is broken, so trying to use the least amount of dishes possible! Remember, it all goes to the same spot - a quote I heard alot growing up!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP