8.26.2008

Early Start

This morning, I woke up pretty early so I was able to get out and take Oscar for a walk in the park. He loves those days (and so do I). It was actually cold this morning, so i opened up all the windows while this cool weather is around! When i got back, i made up what is becoming my standard oatmeal breakfast mixture. So filling and good!
1/2 c oats
apprx. 1/2 c skim milk
2 tbsp raisins
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
few almonds
1/2 banana
1 spoonful of reduced-fat PB.

To answer Kim's question (thanks for the comment! :)) - I use less milk or water than it usually calls for or KathEats uses - mainly because I like my oats a little drier. I don't actually measure the milk - i just pour it in until it covers the oats and then mix it around with the raisins before putting in the microwave for about 2 mins. Then, I pull it out and mix in all the other ingredients.
I took a picture of my lunch before leaving for work which i think i will have to begin doing because I don't work in a place where pictures would be allowed - alot of sensitive data (i know, BORING). I used leftover couscous and mixed in some teriyaki tofu, spinach, and tomatoes. I was a little worried that it wouldn't fill me up, but it was amazing heated up for lunch!

I had the apple pie larabar for my mid-morning snack and then had my chobani mixed with oatmeal squares and strawberries in the afternoon. I ended up swapping out the laughing cow and multi grain bread for a pudding pie, which i had for dessert at lunch. Figured i would save the bread and laughing cow for a sandwich later this week.

Just got back from a 3.45 mile run with Oscar - my shins were killing me after the first mile, so i stopped and stretched them out for a few seconds. They started feeling better after that, so I am assuming that was just because i was still a little sore from the 10 miler on Sunday. There is this great course mapping tool that tells you the mileage of any course you run or walk. They also have saved courses that others have saved in your area. Great resource for runners! Check it out www.usatf.org/routes

I got back and did 3 sets of 30 sit-ups and sets of 15 modified push-ups. Oscar was still trying to catch his breath - must be hard running in a fur coat! I will be back later to post dinner and also explain why i am doing all of this running!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP