7.28.2009

Tacos, Tomatoes & the Twitter Train

After a long day at work, I was in need of a tough workout, but wasn't motivated enough to go to the gym. I decided on Jillian Michaels "Quick" No Trouble Zones which is still 40 mins. In my mind, "quick" is 5 mins, but 5 mins probably wont make my trouble zones go away.


While I was working up a ridiculous sweat in the living room, Kevin was concocting a delicious dinner.
Steamed corn tortillas filled with:

  • Chipotle Black Beans (can of black beans with chipotle hot sauce)
  • Seasoned Ground Turkey (ground turkey, garlic, can of diced tomatoes, adobo seasoning, cumin, & chalula hot sauce)
  • Cheese (medium sharp cheddar cheese, to be exact)

They were absolutely delicious and I was OK without any green for dinner since I had a big salad with veggies for lunch.

Wait - we did have a little green in the form of basil. Some of my CSA goods were ready to be eaten: One very ripe tomato + fresh basil + drizzle of ITALIAN extra virgin olive oil + Balsamic Vinegar + Sea Salt to taste. Yes, I said Italian EVOO - the real stuff - delivered to me from Italy - via my friend, Mara's suitcase.
It tastes waaaay better than the stuff I had, so I have been using it very sparingly to make it last as long as possible.

So, I have a problem that has resurfaced since I started working again - I am STARVING when I get home from work. Like, I cant talk to anyone or I might bite their head off - literally. I feel like I may have asked this question before, but I want to hear your answers again.

What is your GO-TO after work/school snack?

Mine has been Stacy's Naked Pita Chips...

dipped in original tahini hommus. (which is it? hUmmus or hOmmus?)
It does the trick for me, but I have been known to eat too much and then feel it during my workout. A spoonful of almond butter is my other post-work, pre-run snack.

For all of you on the twitter train - I am ON, but just started tweeting more regularly as of late. Is that the right way to say it? Tweeting? I am not up on the lingo. My sister actually got me on awhile back when she was going on a trip - and was posting status along the way. I also followed my cousin whose wife just had a baby and we got updates throughout the labor. Pretty cool.

Have a great night all!

24 comments:

Matt July 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

My go to snack is cereal. It is crack :)

Erica July 28, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

mmmm I love corn tortillas...probably more than the flour variety :) Great dinner- hooray for the husband! And your CSA looks amazing. I love fresh basil.

Erica July 28, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

ps I say hUmmus. Go to snack- appl with nut butter!

RunningLaur July 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

Oo fancy olive oil!

Now that I'm getting home from work so late, I'm the same way! I can't do anything until I munch on something. No great solution yet though. The pita chips look tasty :)

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) July 28, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

I'm glad you got on that Twitter train!!!

ChickPea July 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Fave snack of the moment=pretzels dipped in PB!
I am now following you on Twitter (I'm cwyoder). Welcome to Twitterland!

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) July 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM  

What a great dinner!

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

Dinner looks great! I love CSA!

Alison Can Read July 29, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

Great looking dinner! I love the tomatoes & basil. And tacos are always good.
My go to snack is often a little cereal or a bit of PB or sometimes a handful of chocoalte chips :0

K from ksgoodeats July 29, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

I'm the same way with "quick" workouts - if it's any longer than 30 minutes, it's not quick! Stacy's Simply Naked should just be called Stacy's Simply Crack because that stuff is too good to stop eating!

Julie July 29, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

mmm love your go to snack!! I say hummus!

mine is definitely carrots & salsa!!

The Purple Carrot July 29, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Yum! That does look like a deliciously concocted dinner!

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Mmmm your tacos look fab!

I Run for Fun July 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

I LOVE those pita chips. They are such an addicting snack.

Anonymous July 30, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

wow those tomatoes look AMAZINGGGGGGG and my go to snack after school/work?- apple with cinaamon or crackers/carrots/hummus, pretzels

Lori July 30, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

Ha,ha! Yeah, I don't think I would define quick in 40 min either. :) The olive oil sounds awesome. I love getting things straight from the source! Glad to see you on Twitter. I have a lot of fun with it.

Andrea (Off Her Cork) July 31, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

Oh that dinner looks so delicious! YUM!

Cait (Cait's Plate) July 31, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

Hummus + Stacy's = My version of heaven!! :)

Go to snack lately has been vanilla yogurt with crumbled peanut butter cookie larabars and of course gala apples :)

She-Fit August 1, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

YUM! Those tacos look great.

Unknown August 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

i'm no twit, so no help there (aka i don't tweet, twit, or any version thereof). Dinner looks awesome! Can't help on the hummus hommus front either... probably no right answer! i usually go for yogurt or cottage cheese and fruit for a late afternoon snack...

Anonymous August 1, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

Twitter can just not be avoided! It's perfect for when you don't want to look obsessive with an insane amount of facebook updates.

Paige@ Running Around Normal August 3, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Mmm dinner looks great! What a nice man to cook that for you!

Cynthia (It All Changes) August 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

My go to snack is either veggies and some sort of hummus (I'm into roasted red pepper hummus lately). Sometimes I use pretzel thins.

I also like to eat edamame still in the pods so I have to work to shell them. Both of them have a good bit of protein which help get rid of the hungries.

BTW I love your dinner and I might have to make that tomorrow since i have all the ingredients :-)

Anonymous August 9, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

that is one good
twitter train

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP